Miss Casey asked in PetsCats · 9 years ago

My cat is sneezing and vomiting. What do I do?

Alright, so first things first. My cat Milkshake is an indoor cat, 13 years old and she has been sneezing 15-20 times a day and vomits about 3 times a day. The sneezing and vomiting has been happening for about a week now. Should I take her to a vet, or could I get over the counter cat medicine to help my cat out?

Any suggestions? Any help will be great, thanks in advance.

• PR
    Favorite Answer

You need to consider whether your cat is eating, as well as whether she has diarrhea. If she is not eating or if she is vomiting her food back up, and then not getting nutrition, contact a vet, immediately. She can get dehydrated and very sick. The sneezing for a whole week, seems like a long time. Could she have a sinus infection? Does she have a shorter nose than most cats?

If she is vomiting clear liquid or little bits of fur, she might have a fur-ball. In that case, you could try cat laxative that you can find in pet supply stores (a little tube of oily substance that helps things move along). NEVER use anything made for humans - this would harm your cat. You can also try giving her milk, which will help clear the digestive tract.

If she has diarrhea, DO NOT give milk, and take to the vet right away. If she is vomiting and has diarrhea, take to the vet: she could have an impaction in her intestines. Look this up: impaction, cat. If your cat has any other symptoms such as: lethargy (seems sleepy or laying around), not eating or anything that does not seem normal, take to the vet.

For furballs, you might need to: brush or comb her twice per week. Some cats refuse to groom themselves due to getting fur in their stomachs. If they do groom properly, then they get furballs. Some cats benefit from a plant called: Dracanea (the darker one). They like to chew on the leaves and it helps their digestion. A little bit of milk, a couple times per week may also help.

If your cat keeps sneezing or is not keeping food down, or seems too sleepy or not moving around as much as normal - TAKE TO THE VET. It does seem like the sneezing has been going on for a bit of time and does not sound normal. No over-the-counter medication for that - only for fur-balls.

• knouse

Cat Sneezing And Vomiting

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Alright, so first things first. My cat Milkshake is an indoor cat, 13 years old and she has been sneezing 15-20 times a day and vomits about 3 times a day. The sneezing and vomiting has been happening for about a week now. Should I take her to a vet, or could I get over the counter cat medicine to...

Source(s): cat sneezing vomiting do: https://tr.im/nPbzg
  • Laurie

She needs to see a vet right away. She is a senior cat and can be more prone to infection. Diseases can be brought in on someone shoes. The sooner she is seen the better. That mush vomiting is causing dehydration. There are no over the counter meds that will work, but could possibly make her worse.

any new smells around,purfums may have worms like round worms their size of a hair strand and they'tickle throt.they litterally sit up in the puke(worm)my cat did same thing all night and day i knew something foriegn was in his nose.an just as i was getting to take him to vet thats after many attemps to try an use baby sucker for nose an get it out.there he was with 4 inches of fake grass sticking out nostriel i grabbed gently an he backed it was 1 foot long and sharp.he could have died.is ur cats sneeze quick short an suttle fast repeadedly?or stuffy?take 2 vet.

You must get your cat to a Vet as soon as possible. You may have already waited too long. There is nothing "normal" about all that sneezing, let alone the throwing up.

you might want to try the over the counter hair ball medication. is you cat a long haired cat? the sneezing could just be a cold.

only you know how bad it is. If it were me, I would probably spend the some money and take her to get checked out.

put him in the bathroom with his bed & toys, close the door and run the shower on hot to get the bathroom nice and steamy; (don't put cat in shower obviously) breathing the steam might make him feel better. Hope he feels better soon.

Yes take her to the vet, a week is quite a long time, its probably best to take her to a vet :) good luck

I would suggest taking him to the vet and see.