Wanting an Akita, what to expect?

My uncle is set on becoming the owner of an Akita, he doesn't care whether it be American or the traditional Japanese. I dislike the idea of him owning one as the only dog he has own one dog which was a American Bulldog mix.(Which was obedient and aloof with strangers) What is the difference between the... show more My uncle is set on becoming the owner of an Akita, he doesn't care whether it be American or the traditional Japanese. I dislike the idea of him owning one as the only dog he has own one dog which was a American Bulldog mix.(Which was obedient and aloof with strangers)
What is the difference between the American Akita and Akita Inu?Which is better?
What is the breeds temperament?
How much work are they?
What is their social nature like?
What is their exercise,feeding and living requirements?
What is an owner of an Akita to expect?
Have you or anyone you know of owned an Akita? What was their/your experience?
Also, can you list me some other breeds that are far easier than the Akita, I would rather him adopt something he can handle. He's been set on owning an Akita ever since he watched the movie 'Hachi'. My uncle is really in to the large breeds that can make burglars think twice about breaking in as he lives in a dodgy and shady part of town.

No, I don't condole his reasoning for this breed either.
1 answer 1