Samsung SSD 830 Not Operating at Sata 6 speeds?

I have a samsung 830 ssd with a new i5-3570k and a gigabyte z77-ds3h motherboard with 2 sata 6/gbps ports. I am using a sata 6 gbps cable to connect the ssd to the motherboard on the sata 3 port not sata 2 but when I oppen speccy which tells me info about the hard drive, it still says sata 3 gbps. the ssd is a 6 gbps capable drive. How can I set it to sata 3 and not sata 2?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Have a look on the front end of the drive, where the cable goes, there are some pins. If there is a jumper placed on the pin, remove it. Voila! Now it is Sata 3.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Otter
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Sata 3 and 6 are the same I don't know why manufactures are not explaining this to customers. I have a Intel SSD same hookup as you and get 3 gps.

Hope this helps.

Source(s): B.S. in Computer Engineering and 30 yrs. exp.
  • reider
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

i might choose for the 128GB tension for the preferable OS one, that way you are able to extra healthful living house windows and the different classes you utilize frequently (Microsoft place of work, video games, information superhighway browser). The 64GB would be plenty for merely the OS and a pair classes nevertheless.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.