Which former ballplayer has caused the most trouble?

Among these candidates:

1. Barry Bonds. Used designer steroids (before the ban), gave a sloppy answer to a grand jury, got dragged into court (costing taxpayers millions), given a few months of house arrest (and with his house, this is hardly punishment).

2. Roger Clemens. May have used steroids (before the ban). May have lied to Congress (a proud and longstanding tradition in the republic, the many practitioners of which include Commissioner Selig and probably every president whom ever has addressed Congress). Got dragged into court (costing taxpayers millions), wherein the government prosecution bungled the case almost immediately. Got dragged back into court (costing taxpayers more millions). Verdict pending; might face a few months' time in minimum security. Then again, might walk free.

3. Curt Schilling. Despite amusing anti-government, anti-welfare rants, took a huge amount of taxpayer money ($75 million) from Rhode Island government when relocating his software company. Said company went bankrupt, fleecing taxpayers for millions (costing taxpayers many millions; and this after asking for more millions, which were not given). Now ex-employees learn that company relocation failed to sell former homes, as claimed, putting them on the hook for old mortgages they thought of (in good faith) as long since closed out.

BQ. Will Schilling be dragged into court?

Favorite Answer

3

If not, he should be.

The limiting of choices to only 3 is so unfair lol. Where is the "Nails' and Canseco . Do we need to do a write-in ballot. Just in their a hanging chad Curtis sighting who just might be the sickest of them all. Schilling so politically motivated we should expect that form from the sort. Barry and Roger choice well not to discredit Bonds a total POS Clemens wins hands down . Father of the year with a 14 year play toy. Attempted murder of Piazza heck the congress thing well anything do with them is a total joke.

Sure drag Curt in we can public defend him and finish bankrupting this country.

Barry Bonds. Used designer steroids (before the ban), gave a sloppy answer to a grand jury, got dragged into court (costing taxpayers millions), given a few months of house arrest (and with his house, this is hardly punishment).

Source(s): I am smrt

I think Schilling because of all the money and innocent people involved in the case. Another thing that bothered me about it is the fact that he used tax payers money that could have been used to improve education, roads, etc.

Bonus Fact: Did you know that Mickie Mantle and Willie Mays were banned from baseball after they retired? They were banned for working at Casinos and signing autographs. This was kind of random but I thought it was interesting.

I'm not sure I completely understand the Schilling situation, but I'm going to have to go with him. Bonds and Clemens took steroids and lied about it, who cares? They didn't drag themselves into court.

Roger Clemens

• josh

Barry Bonds in my opinion out of those 3. He unfairly broke the greatest record in baseball history and "Hank" Henry Aaron should still be #1.

Jose Canseco is the most disgusting of all the players that have ever played in my opinion though.

i'd have to decide between the two steroid users and i'd have to say it's clemens. his court case is just annoying.

• Ugeth Urbina thought one of his farm hands had stolen his gun, so he attacked them with a machete, doused them in gasoline and tried to set them on fire. He's doing 15 years for attempted muder