AIM error code 420? Can't sign up?

Every time I tried signing up for AIM or AOL in general, everything goes fine up until I get to the end after the "Lets get personal" part. When I hit next and whatever, this comes up on the screen:

"Whew!

Thanks for putting 110% into signing up for AOL accounts.

Love your passion! We'd also love a quick break to process your requests. Take a breather. Maybe grab a bite? You may qualify for additional registrations in 24 hours.

Error code 420"

Now, I have also read on here that I should try different computers or devices and I have tried MANY. iPod, iPad, laptop, brother's laptop, friend's laptop, cousin's iPad, phone...

I asked my friend who has AIM and she said I should just try every day for around 5 days.

Is there a way to sign up taking a less amount of time? And also, why exactly is it showing up and won't let me register? Are there any other ways to get AIM?

Thanks :)

Favorite Answer

Solution 1: Check Your Browser

Sometimes it is your browser that is to blame for the AOL error code 420 problem you encounter. If you suspect this is the case, then you can easily test the theory.

Steps:

Open an alternate web browser other than the one you typically use (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.).

Attempt to log into your AOL account or sign up for a new AOL account while your alternate browser is open.

If you are successful, then your regular browser is having issues and may need to be updated.

Solution 2: Run a Manual Virus Scan

It is probable that your computer already runs virus scans at various set points. However, you may have just started experiencing the AOL error code 420 problems in which case a fresh virus scan may do a world of good.

Steps:

Locate the anti-virus icon on your desktop.

Double click the anti-virus icon to open the program.

Find scanning options and choose the ‘Full System Scan’ option.

Run a complete full system scan.

If any viruses are found, delete them immediately.

Restart your computer to allow changes to take effect.

Test AOL again and see if problems persist.

Error Code 420

Same boat as everyone else. I'm not pissed about them updating PSN, I wish the Playstation Blog made some mention though. I've spent the last hour trying to update the firmware on my router, to no avail, only to realize that the error message itself is an error. I'm glad I checked here because I was about to reset my router and have to reconfigure my media server and port forwarding which would have been a huge pain in the ***. The Playstation Twitter feed looks like they made mention of it 2 hours ago so that will be my first stop when this happens again (sooner rather than later).

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ax8p7

Your firefox most likely ate some weed and is now too stoned. Give it two hours to come down and it should be able to sign back on. AOL works on the browser Safari though. Try that.

I'm from Iraq, and i get this

HTTP 420: Temporary Registration Block

Registration has been blocked due to too many attempts from this IP address. Please wait and and try again later.

I got the same thing. What I did was change my password and it solved the problem.

love

Yes, it might be