Does it stop hurting when I have full braces when I eat after a while?

I just got full braces, and it hurts when I eat. I want to know from someone who had braces before if it stops hurting after a while. I know the rules of what to eat and what not to but everything I eat hurts my teeth.. please help.

Favorite Answer

Some discomfort is normal for the first few days. Mine hurt for a little less than a week! Try using wax to put on the brace if a particular part of it is rubbing. Appropriate pain killers should be used, e.g paracetamol if the pain is really bad. Eat soft foods until you get used to your brace, like soup :) Apples and hard, raw vegetables should be cut up into little pieces. Avoid sticky snacks, toffee, chewing gum etc. For school, You should get a little compact mirror, as I have, so you can check if your brace has any food in it after you have eaten. It can be really embarrassing but it is worth it to have straight teeth! :)

Source(s): Have had braces for a year :(

i'm in the exact same position at the moment. I got my braces on Friday ( 4 days ago) from what I have heard is that the pain goes away after a week. for me, the pain is already starting to go away but my mouth still feels sore. If i were you I would just eat oatmeal and yogurt or mash potato until the pain starts to go away. If the pain starts going away then eat soft foods like eggs for example. and remember that you have to eat with the teeth towards the back of your mouth so food doesnt get stuck in your braces and after you have eaten either brush your teeth with toothpaste or with water but be sure to use mouthwash after if you brush using water. when buying mouthwash MAKE SURE IT HAS FLOURIDE IN IT! my ortho told me that. =)

Good luck! =)

Source(s): I wear braces

after braces the bone around the teeth becomes loose so that the teeth begin to move.this temporary pain stays for a week.every time you chew or bite you will feel discomfort.

soft and cold food will help.