Are you comfortable with Pakistan having nuclear weapons?

Update:

Umm...Pakistan already has nuclear weapons, in case you were unaware.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

i am not comfortable with anyone having them, however from a legal standpoint pakistan, india, and israel are not members of the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty and cannot violate a treaty they are not a part of. since they have not signed or ratified the NPT, there is no oversight by the IAEA on any of their programs.

Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty

http://www.un.org/disarmament/WMD/Nuclear/pdf/NPTE...

this treaty was designed to stop the flow of nuclear weapons while still allowing for the peaceful transfer of nuclear power technology (nuclear reactors)

countries that have signed and ratified the NPT

http://unhq-appspub-01.un.org/UNODA/TreatyStatus.n...

article 2 of the NPT makes acquiring nuclear weapons illegal, this article applies to 185 countries who have signed and ratified this treaty. article 3 mandates the IAEA to oversee this process and the director general reports to the UN security council

Article II

Each non-nuclear-weapon State Party to the Treaty undertakes not to receive the transfer from any transferor whatsoever of nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices or of control over such weapons or explosive devices directly, or indirectly; not to manufacture or otherwise acquire nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices; and not to seek or receive any assistance in the manufacture of nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosive devices

Opened for signature in 1968, the Treaty entered into force in 1970. On 11 May 1995, the Treaty was extended indefinitely. A total of 190 parties have joined the Treaty. More countries have ratified the NPT than any other arms limitation and disarmament agreement.

this treaty recognizes 5 nuclear powers china, france, russia, america, and the uk. these countries all had nuclear weapons(before jan 1 1967) when this treaty came into force. nuclear powers are covered under article 1 and 6 of the NPT

north korea attempted to accede from this treaty,which is disputed by the IAEA, the UN security council and north korea, since the 90 days required was not given. there are also 8 UN security council resolutions against its nuclear program. and the reasons given by north korea were rejected by almost every country on earth

• 8 years ago

no I think we should either confiscate them by invading them or we should nuke Pakistan before they nuke us ....agreed that they dont have a delivery system, but they can always use the unconventional means to deliver it like via ship or civilian aircraft using terrorists. If there is an eminent nuclear threat that the US and the world faces right now, it is from Pakistan, where there are so many terrorists and the country is largely unstable, whit the govt having no control of its military. The ISI, Pakistan's military intelligence could quite easily slip a nuke into the hands of the terrorist cause their military is dominated by religious factions

• 8 years ago

They've had them since 1998 with no trouble.

To some of your other answers what does Israel have to do with it? Pakistan developed nuclear weapons in response to India and china

• Gazza
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Pakistan may have nuclear weapons but the USA are the only nation ever to have used them.

Maybe you should ask if the world is comfortable with the USA having nuclear weapons?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • avfesh
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Reagan's suggestions-set to a nuclear loose international became into to render them ineffective via installation a missile preserve that ought to intercept them. Now that the preserve is almost finished Obama needs to halt progression of it in prefer of his very own frivolity. He would particularly attempt to barter such weapons away and have confidence each and every person interior the international to be honest. basically yet another Utopian theory of a naive sap. we've some thing that ought to artwork almost finished. we could no longer forget we've been waiting to knock a satellite tv for pc out of the sky from deliver interior the Pacific and numerous objective missiles have been effectively intercepted besides. that's no longer some thing as impractical as a treaty the place we ought to have confidence people who've never venerated treaties they have already signed. Obama is an ***.

• 8 years ago

I am not comfortable with Anybody having nuclear weapons. And I just thought I'd point out that the guy saying that the US should have nuclear weapons, is a retard. Nobody should be in possession of these disgusting objects. The U.S is one of the countries I trust The Least with such power. We'd nuke a billion people just for a few liters of oil.

Source(s): Nukes are for fucking morons.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

No,only a moron would be comfortable.

@johnwayne FUKC YOU!

@johnwayne so you want to call me names. I tell you the same thing I told another little nothing. I live in Chicago,Illinois. There is a bar at Grand&Western. I'm there 6-8,c'mon over. We can play.

• 8 years ago

I would be more comfortable if Pakistan was a place that used to exist.That country should be leveled.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

hey you dirty Christian why are you so jealous of our nukes ? dirty terrorist america you try to take our nukes away and we will nuke you! we destroyed USSR when they come near Pakistan and now we will destroy u Americans before you leave Afghanistan!

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.