promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

how do i make those keyless chuck from cordless drill to hold the bits better?

with normal drills with keyed chuck is ok but mine only has 1 speed and it's way too fast and way too powerful that heats up the bit too fast. so i use cordless drill which has slower speed, but the chuck just don't hold the bit well.

if i am drilling harder stuff, the drill bit will get stuck not turning while the drill keeps on turning, especially on smaller drill bit. how do i make it hold tighter?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Steven
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

You can replace the chuck on most drills and buy an after market one like you want. There is a hole or a button or a lever on most power tools to lock the spindle so you can remover something. Many Drills have a hole that you stick a pin into. I haven't done it in a while but when I was in the Hardware business you could. A very long time ago. LOL>

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

On the cheaper drills key less chucks don't hold that well. Buy a better quality drill.

Buying a new chuck would cost as much as a new drill.

• 8 years ago

Once you spin a bit in a chuck, it loses the sharp edges that hold the bit.

All you can do is grip the chuck as tightly as you can and torque it down using the lowest speed on the drill.

• 8 years ago

Keyless chucks just hold poorly. When you buy bits try to find the type that has 3 flats where the chuck grips it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.