Good games to get for PS3?

Hi,

I am currently changing over from an Xbox360 to a PS3 (backwards compatible 60gb) and was wondering about some games to get for it.

I already plan on buying the Twisted Metal 2012 game (I own all of the other ones), some Spiderman games and NHL13 when it comes out in September. I also already own all of the Crash Bandicoot games.

I was wondering if anybody could suggest some fun games for the PS3. As a note, I don't really like first person shooters that much (CoD, Battlefield, Borderlands, etc...), or games like Oblivion or God/Gears of War.The only exception to this would be a game like L.A. Noire.

If you guys have some suggestions or recommendations then that would help me a lot. Since it is backwards compatible, both PS2 and PS3 games are open for discussion.

Also if you have any games to avoid, then that would help.

Thanks a lot guys!

Favorite Answer

I'm very similar to you when it comes to games, so I recommend:

- Assassin's Creed

- Assassin's Creed II

- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

- Assassin's Creed Revelations

- Assassin's Creed III (Coming out this October.)

- Final Fantasy XIII (JRPG)

- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Sequel to above)

- Final Fantasy Versus XIII (Unrelated to above and not released yet. Go check out a trailer.)

- The Last of Us (Not yet released, go check out a trailer.)

- Jak and Daxter Collection (PS2 classic remade for PS3. Supports HD 720p, supports 3D, and supports Trophy information. It's J&D, 'Nuff said)

- The Sly Collection (PS2 classic remade for PS3. Supports HD 720p, supports 3D, and supports Trophy information.)

- Prince of Persia Classic Trilogy (PS2 classic remade for PS3. Supports HD 720p, supports 3D, and supports Trophy information.)

- Prince of Persia

- Infamous

- Infamous 2

- Little Big Planet

- Little Big Planet 2

- The Sims 3

- Metal Gear Solid Collection (PS2 classic remade for PS3. Supports HD 720p, supports 3D, and supports Trophy information.)

- Metal Gear Solid 4

- Armored Core 4

- Army of Two (TPS, but awesome; especially for Co-op.)

- Army of Two The 40th Day (Sequel to above.)

- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

- Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

If you get the Assassin's Creed series, make sure you play it from the very beginning, or it will just completely ruin amazing games, storyline and series. Same with anything else if it has a sequel. Make sure you play a game series from the beginning, or it will just ruin the series. It's pointless to get the second or third game in a series if you don't play from the beginning. It's just silly.

Another thing, DON'T YOU DARE WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THAT OLD PS3!! EVEN IF IT IS BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE! DO NOT GET IT! If your going to buy a PS3 then be smart and and do it right and buy a brand new Slim model (latest being the 160 and 320GB models.) The ONLY thing that's good about that old model is it's backwards compatible, BUT it will break down on you regardless and shortly as well. If it's already been repaired, that just means it's been refurbished and will eventually break down again (costing you money.) Not only that, but the model is OLD and the hardware inside it isn't as good as the Slim models. See, every Slim model is 33% smaller, quieter, faster, lighter, AND more efficient (efficient as in you will SAVE money on power bills compared to the old Fat model you want to get.) The Collections or Classic Trilogies are PS2 games that were remade specifically for the PS3's that are not backwards compatible, so ANY PS3 can play them. But seriously, the difference between an old Fat model and a Slim is not a slim margin at all (pun intended lol.) The Slim's overall performance is far superior to ANY previous PS3 model, so buy NEW, NEVER USED and OLD!

Hope that helps.