Christians, Jews: My Dad was Christian, my Mom was Jewish ...?

... and both are religious. Now, anyway. Dad thinks Mom's going to Hell, because she broke his heart when she left, and because she firmly doesn't believe in Jesus. Mom wants me to be Jewish, because according to the Rabbis, worshipping Jesus is tantamount to idol worship, which I should be willing to die... show more ... and both are religious. Now, anyway. Dad thinks Mom's going to Hell, because she broke his heart when she left, and because she firmly doesn't believe in Jesus. Mom wants me to be Jewish, because according to the Rabbis, worshipping Jesus is tantamount to idol worship, which I should be willing to die before doing.

Neither view really helped me much either way, since both wanted a decision out of me, and accepting one on their terms meant damning the other. They both loved and cared for me, though. They were only looking out for my well-being. They simply disagreed about what that well-being was.

Can anyone here solve this dilemma? What would you do?
Update: @ Mike - you kinda fail the compassion test @ Quad Bypass - i moved out years ago, and left the country @ Craig - that verse hasn't convinced a single rabbi since Maimonides's time, and won't work today neither. it was equally true of king Solomon, who it was supposed to refer to. @ lostnsav - if Jesus... show more @ Mike - you kinda fail the compassion test
@ Quad Bypass - i moved out years ago, and left the country
@ Craig - that verse hasn't convinced a single rabbi since Maimonides's time, and won't work today neither. it was equally true of king Solomon, who it was supposed to refer to.
@ lostnsav - if Jesus appeared to me in my bedroom, I might feel the same as Sid. But he didn't, so I don't.
@ Bite Your Own @ss - see my response to Craig.
Update 2: @ Psalms - thanks. That's actually helpful. Why is anyone giving you thumbs down? @ Josh & Sunday Crone - Dad's counterclaim was that according to Christians, religion goes through the father. Maybe he meant Father, but his point was that matrilineal descent was moot. @ Ben - you fail the compassion test... show more @ Psalms - thanks. That's actually helpful. Why is anyone giving you thumbs down?
@ Josh & Sunday Crone - Dad's counterclaim was that according to Christians, religion goes through the father. Maybe he meant Father, but his point was that matrilineal descent was moot.
@ Ben - you fail the compassion test just as hard as Mike did.
@ Josh and Lisa - thanks! Funny, too. Best of luck to your friend...
@ Nigredo - see above
@ kaganate - thanks for a thoughtful answer. now only if I didn't like bacon so damn much...
@ Omar - pause. breathe. your argument's spinning so fast i'm getting dizzy, and you shouldn't hurt yourself overthinking it.
@ Breann - thanks. i will.
Update 3: @ Mark - you go in the 'fail' category with the atheist at the top. You're telling me to ignore my parents, too, the same way he is.
@ Dana - thanks. that was well said.
Update 4: @ Just Me - oh, I did ask God. Many times, as you might imagine. I think He was as perplexed as I was, because the answer apparently was to make me a homosexual. I fought it until I was out of the house, at which point my eyes were opened to a verse that few people read: "The road to excess leads to the... show more @ Just Me - oh, I did ask God. Many times, as you might imagine. I think He was as perplexed as I was, because the answer apparently was to make me a homosexual. I fought it until I was out of the house, at which point my eyes were opened to a verse that few people read:
"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough." That's served me well enough until now, and continues to help.