how to put weight on?
i am 15 and i am quite skinny an i do weights put although i am getting strong i still am skinny so what do i do/eat to put on weight?
- Sanitary103Lv 78 years agoBest Answer
Two key aspects. Diet and weight lifting.
First with diet. You have to eat with a purpose. Stick to lean protein such as chicken, beef, fish, eggs, turkey breast and get in a lot of complex carbs like whole wheat pasta/bagels, brown rice. Get in some veggies and fruit. A little bit of junk food won't hurt at this point but don't get carried away. Eat clean but just eat more.
Workout wise, you need to start lifting weights to build some mass. I posted my entire 3 day workout split on my youtube channel below. Once there, click on playlists, "my workouts". There is a full explanation of sets, reps, rest time etc. Link below. All free advice!
- Zulqarnain MalikLv 78 years ago
Do you want the real secret of gaining weight...
then listen...and yes don't laugh...
the answer is plain and simple....YOU HAVE TO EAT...
I mean you have to eat a lot....
Weight Gain = Calorie Intake > Calorie Output
Welght loss = Calorie Intake < Calorie Output
In simple words you have to eat more than what your body needs for maintenance..
Follow this instructions religiously for the next 2 months and see the results:
1: Eat atleast 6 times a day
2: Divide the 6 meals in such a way that you are eating after every 2-3 hours.
3: Take Milk Shakes. You may buy Some "whey protein powder" from international brands such as OPTIMUM or EAS. Mix the whey protein in milk and add 2-3 bananas and make a shake. If possible add a scoop of ice-cream. Take this shake atleast 2-3 a day.
4: Eat Heavy Breakfast.
5: Drink Atleast one liter of milk everyday.
6: Dont go for too much workout. Exercise only 3-4 days a week with no cardio( means NO running,Cycling,biking etc)
7: Do Squats,Bench Press, DeadLifts every week
8:Rest. No need to worry and just dont waste your precious calorie in doing unnecessary things.
9: Drink Lots of water
10: If possible...eat a lot of non-vegetarian food...
I know the above instructions are diffcult to follow. But if you will follow them, you will get wonderful results..
If u want more information on weight gain...
You can visit the website... WWW.BODYBUILDING.COM
Search for "weight gain" over there.....
[ What are u waiting for now....Start Eating :-) )
Hope I helped and good luck!!Source(s): A lot of experience.
- Anonymous4 years ago
Learn to bench with Critical Bench program from here https://tr.im/Cxa11
The Critical Bench Program was created by Mike Westerdal, who holds a BS and is a certified trainer, and he's also the effective organization operator of CriticalBench.com. MikeWesterdal has additionally competed in several federations of muscle building and is known for helping a large number of weightlifters improve their benchpress and overall strength.
The Critical Bench book does that others do not do is gets down seriously to details. You won't be left with any idea of what direction to go to have started. Following going right through most of the features of the program, they dial it right down to the next actionable item. Like that you'll not merely have the theory, however you will have the ability to use it into exercise right away, with an obvious vision and function when you strike the gym.
- Anonymous8 years ago
see, gaining weight is an easy task but gaining the same in a healthy manner is quite difficult. here are some ways which are going to help you.
1.Determine how many calories your body requires per day to maintain your existing weight by calculating your resting metabolic rate (RMR). Find a calculator online.
2. Calculate how many calories you need to consume per day to gain weight. Add at least 500 calories per day to your daily requirement. If you need 2300 calories a day to maintain your current weight, strive to consume 2800 calories daily. If you engage in any physical activity, add more calories to account for the calories burned through physical activity.
3. you can try eating banana with milk every morning in breakfast. it's an effective way to gain weight.
4. Aim for three large meals and 2-3 hefty snacks per day. Drink shakes, milk, or juice instead of coffee, tea, or diet soda.
5. have dinner half an hour before you sleep.
6. eat rice once a day.
7.Avoid unhealthy, high-calorie foods. Most important is to avoid trans fats, which increase your risk for disease. Foods that are high in trans fats are: pastry products, cakes, cookies, processed meats, margarine, shortening, and packaged snack foods.
8.Weight train.- This will not only help convert the additional calories into muscle rather than fat, but it will also stimulate your appetite. The added muscle will increase your metabolism, so you'll need to consume more calories per day to maintain that weight. During the first month of weight training, you may experience tremendous gains if you are faithful to your schedule. However, also expect this to level off after this initiatory period (This is known in the bodybuilding world as a plateau). You overcome this by re-evaluating your weight and muscle mass, while altering your diet to include more food and heavier weights.
9. Eat more protein. Protein is essential for body function to build and repair muscle tissue. If you don't consume enough protein from raw foods or protein supplements then gaining weight and building muscle will be unachievable. Those looking to gain weight should consume at least 1 gram of quality protein per pound of body weight
10. Nuts are a very convenient and a healthy snack so carry containers of nuts with you to snack on throughout the days. Also Goat Milk is healthy and a good way to gain weight.
11. do not use medicine or weight gain powders. they may have side effects too
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago
You're pretty young bro. You have a fast metabolic rate and thin bones, and until you get older you're gonna find it hard to change. However, if you really cant wait then consume around 2500 to 3000 calories per day and construct a workout routine where you work out 3 times, maybe 4 times, per week. Don't isolate muscle groups, do compound exercises, you'll find loads on youtube. Make a routine and STICK TO IT. Consume 2 protien shakes a day, 1 on your rest days, and track your progress weekly to keep you motivated. Good luck bro.
- tagetteLv 58 years ago
Sounds as though the adolescent hormones have not completely kicked in yet. Bear in mind that you may be meant to thin, and that thin is good to be health wise, if it is your natural shape.
You are doing the right thing in exercising with weights, but try eating a meal high in complex carbohydrates directly after your exercise. This will help build up the muscle.
I suspect that you will bulk up naturally as you age.
- 8 years ago
Increasing your calorie intake can help. When I was in treatment for eating disorders, they used Ensure Plus a lot to help people restore weight. The ensure was used in addition to the meal plans. It's healthy and full of nutrients and extra calories.
- 8 years ago
Try to eat 5 times a day, and increase your protein and calorie intake. Also start weight training.
- 4 years ago
Did you know that consuming healthful and get rid of bodyweight can taste scrumptious? Everybody is straggling each day to consume healthy and certainly you are one of Those men and women and if at consuming healthy also put the dilemma of losing weigh then you absolutely will not believe that this plate will be tasty
- Anonymous8 years ago
Increase your calories. To do that, you will have to increase your portion sizes and eat more frequently, every 2 to 3 hours. Try to eat 6 meals a day - breakfast, AM snack, lunch, PM snack and dinner.
Include calorie dense foods. But I don't mean fast food and junk food. You should eat healthy calorie and nutrient dense foods such as avocados, nuts & seeds, nut & seed butters, beans, olives, oatmeal, granola, bananas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, quinoa, brown rice, eggs, whole wheat breads and full fat dairy products.
A simple way to bump up the calories to your meals is to cook with oils such as olive, coconut, butter, ghee instead of steaming or baking. Below are more ways to add calories to your food:
1. add extra tablespoons of spreads to your bread or sandwiches. Adding avocado slices in the sandwich will help as well.
2. cook your oatmeal with whole milk instead of water and sweeten it with fruits and honey, topped with nuts & seeds or nut & seed butters or dried fruits.
3. add calorie rich foods to lower calorie dishes such as salads. Add corn, fruits, avocado, eggs or any meats of your choice. Then top it off with a vinaigrette made with evoo.
4. have trail mix for snacks. Nuts and seeds are high in calories and also very nutritious. Add dried fruits, toasted coconut, dark chocolate, granola or whole wheat pretzels.
5. choose whole wheat bagels instead of whole wheat toast or english muffins because usually most bagels are very calorie dense. If not, then you can simply choose a bread that is more in calories per slice.
6. to change it up, have smoothies instead of the whole fruit such as apples or oranges because smoothies are much higher in calories since you can add a whole lot of stuff in it like whole milk and full fat greek yogurt.
You could also drink these nutritional drinks called Ensure Plus or Boost. It's suppose to help with weight gaining.
Also add in some kind of exercise to gain some muscle mass. You don't want to just gain fat.