Shouldn't all children have a Dad?

The kids have no say!

Jillian Michaels was used to having her hands full on "The Biggest Loser," but now she's taking on an entirely new challenge - motherhood.

Michaels and partner Heidi Rhoades have recently welcomed two new babies to their Los Angeles-area home. Jillian recently brought home 2-year-old daughter Lukensia from Haiti after a lengthy adoption process, while Rhoades gave birth to their newborn son Phoenix on May 3 - and it all coincidentally happened in the same week.CRAZY!

Favorite Answer

I'll play your game and answer with agreement. All children should have 2 dads. See what I did there? Seriously as long as the child has responsible parents, it doesn't matter the quantities or genders. Don't be a bigot.

No.

All children should have a stable home with guardians who love them and will support and protect them. The gender of those guardians does not matter, nor how many there are. Two women, two men, a man and woman, a single man, a single woman, grandparents, aunts or uncles, older siblings... Families come in ALL shapes and sizes, and they are all okay. Male role models don't have to be fathers. They can be uncles, grandfathers, good friends of the family, etc.

My father was abusive and horrible. Should my mother have kept him around just because he was a man and father? I didn't get a say when he was beating the crap out of me. But I was happy as hell when she left him to raise me and my brothers on her own. She dated a few guys, but she never re-married.

• MamaG

They do to be technical. All children are created as babies through a man's (father's) sperm and a woman's (mother's) egg.

But I know you mean shouldn't all children have a dad *present* in their lives. The answer to this question is most definitely yes. A healthy father figure, whether they are the biological father or not, is needed for a child.

** People I don't mean that kids can't be raised well without a father present. I mean that it's better for them to have a father *figure* of some kind in their lives.

I wish Jillian and her partner all the best as they raise their children. I still feel it's important though to have some kind of father figure in their lives though.

Is this a question or a rant?

All children, biologically, have a mother and a father. Not all children end up growing up in a home with two loving parents. Some grow up in completely hellish situations. I don't think these babies are going to be in that kind of situation.

Perhaps you should mind your own business.

• Cassy

Do all children need a dad?

in my opinion some of them are better off with out. for example, my oldest two children had somewhat of a relationship with their biological father (sometime he would not show up at all for their visit) but then he just one day decided to comment a Haynes crime and now is locked up for 41 years. so do you think that it was in my children's best interest to know their piece of crap so called "dad"?

I do not see what your problem is the two children in this relationship will grow up with two people that love them and that is the only thing that matters.

If i was you i would stop worrying about a gay couple that is perfectly capable of raising children and worry more about the drug addicts that cook myth in the same home that their children are playing in. or the ones that smoke weed right in front of their children.

Mind your own Business they are doing nothing wrong.

How about a couple of questions you can ask yourself: What do you propose be done to all the deadbeat fathers that abandon their children to be raised solely by the mother? Are you suggesting that a woman would be entirely incapable of raising a child on her own? Or that because TWO women are raising a child, it's even worse? How so?

I don't have a father. I'm fine.

Yes, I guess kids should have the chance to have fathers in their life, but some, like myself and my sister, haven't got that chance so we're making the best of what we have. (Our Mother)

Anyways, these two little ones have two loving parents, who cares what gender they are?

No....

You cant miss what you never had. And anyway, many people grow up without mothers or fathers and they are just fine. You get your role models from elsewhere.

good for them.

and shame on you for thinking it's any of your business.

*btw when you steal a direct quote from another source and don't attribute it, that's plagiarism.

• Emily

All children need is someone to love them and care for them. Doesn't mean they NEED a father.