Breanna asked in TravelAir Travel · 8 years ago

Take birth control on an airplane without parents knowing?

I'm going out of the country for an entire year and I would like to take birth control with me. Thing is, my parents don't know I'm on birth control. Are the TSA people going to take the pills out of my bag and have them in plain view at any point? What bag should I put them in? How should I pack them? Will they show up on the XRAY scanner? Basically, how can I get them on the airplane without my parents knowing?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago

If you're parents are not flying with you, there is no way that they will know you are on birth control. It's not like your parents are going to be waiting outside the TSA security check point and then when it's your turn to be checked the the TSA agent takes out the birth control, wave it about, and scream you are on birth control.

Now if they are boarding the flight with you, the TSA agent may take it out and ask you what the pills are for and such. And your parents may see it. You can always pack it on the checked luggage and no one will know.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

When you go through security, they may need to open and inspect your bags. You could put them at the bottom of your handbag and hope they don't do further inspections. They will show on the x-ray, but its pretty hard to make out what each thing is unless you are a security officer and understand the machine. Everything just shows up as shapes and the thermal energy.

• 8 years ago

I don't think it matters. Your parents probably suspect that you are sexually active anyway, and if they see you with birth control on the airport they will be relieved that you are relatively responsible, although they might be shocked. At least they will have a whole year to calm down about it.

• 8 years ago

My life is less exciting. I pack medicines for blood pressure, reflux, cholesterol, and allergies. No one from TSA or Customs has made a fuss about it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Just don't be the lady who had her vibrator pulled out of her purse by TSA because TSA thought it was a gun.

• 8 years ago

They suggest you put it in a clear baggy. You should carry it in a small coinpurse/makeup bag together with asprin or something of that nature.

Or you could just come clean to your parents. It'll be ok.

Goodluck

• 8 years ago

i have flown many times with my birth control in my carry on, i dont even take it out of my purse. and nothing happens ( :

• 8 years ago

it probably wont work out but there are other ways of birth control like the thing that goes in your arm

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.