Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

what nominations did lynyrd skynyrd get?

i need anything i think they got nominated for sweet home alabama or something

Update:

please for school project about them, i found that they have but not how much or what song i think sweet home alabama

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

Sorry Lynyrd skyynd NEVER got any awards.

Here is a list of Honors they have recieved from thier bio.

Honors

In 2004, Rolling Stone magazine ranked the group #95 on their list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.[19][20]

On November 28, 2005, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced that Lynyrd Skynyrd would be inducted alongside Black Sabbath, Blondie, Miles Davis, and the Sex Pistols. They were inducted in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan on March 13, 2006. Lynyrd Skynyrd had been nominated 7 times.[citation needed]

On March 13, 2006, Lynyrd Skynyrd was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at the 21st annual induction ceremony. The inductees included Ronnie Van Zant, Allen Collins, Gary Rossington, Ed King, Steve Gaines, Billy Powell, Leon Wilkeson, Bob Burns, and Artimus Pyle (no post-crash members of the band were inducted, nor were any of the Honkettes). The current version of Skynyrd, augmented by King, Pyle, Burns and former Honkettes JoJo Billingsley and Leslie Hawkins, performed "Sweet Home Alabama" and "Free Bird" at the ceremony, which was also attended by Judy Van Zant Jenness and Ronnie's two daughters, Teresa Gaines Rapp and her daughter Corinna, Allen Collins' daughters, and Leon Wilkeson's mother and son.

In September 2010, Lynyrd Skynyrd was named #77 VH1's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

In October 2008, Lynyrd Skynyrd's song Free Bird's solo was named the 3rd greatest guitar solo by Guitar World.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.