Hakeem Nicks breaks his foot in practice?

Damn... this is a huge blow to the Giants' season. Nick Fairley had the same injury and couldn't get through one full game. What do you guys think?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

They say he'll be out for around three months do hopefully he will be ready for the preseason.....

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Yo

Man that sucks!

I read his recovery time is 12 weeks (which is 3 months) so if that's the case, he'll miss all of June, July, and August. The season starts in September so assuming everything goes according to plan, he shouldn't miss any actual games. However, you gotta wonder how effective he'll be after missing all of training camp and preseason. This could potentially be a significant injury if it lingers throughout the year. The Giants already have the toughest schedule in the NFL so they pretty much need all the help they can get.

Hopefully he has a quick recovery and is ready to go come game time.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

What??? Why is this the first i'm hearing about this?!?!?!?!

Oh god, that really sucks. I've been saying for a while now that I had a feeling either Nicks or Cruz was gonna go down this season.

But, by the looks of things, he should be back by mid-pre season, which isn't that bad. If he had to break his foot, i'd rather in be in May than in October. But, who knows if he'll be even close to 100% this season. At least they drafted Randel, and they still have Barden, but neither of them will be able to replace what Nicks was able to do, if he misses some time in the season.

• 9 years ago

Those foot injuries are bad news. Especially for RB's and WR's. Santana Moss dealt with foot injuries for 2-3 years before he finally got over it completely.

They say 12 weeks, middle of August. We'll see.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Ouch!

• Chaos
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

I bet the sun was in his eyes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.