Can you prove that Odin and Thor don't exist?

We all see this question, "Prove to me that God/Jesus doesn't exist", dozens of times per day. I think it's only fair to ask the same about other gods and religions. As far as my proof goes, Odin promised to get rid of the Frost Giants. Well, I don't see any of them around. Sounds to me like Odin and Thor are more believable than God and Jesus who have promised tons of things, but haven't done any of them.

Favorite Answer

They exist -- they've got their own movie and everything!

• Mike B

Very much the issue is it not.

The reality is that you could insert any pairing of deities, and really is one of the reasons why such questions are points, often answered with comments like 'prove to me the FSM doesn't exist'.

This question goes very well with a number of others that really are not worth the points to ask.

'Prove to me...' as a question is begging the argument, as both sides know that such a thing is not possible, I can no more prove to you that Thor does or does not exist then you can prove to me that I do not have a purple invisible gold shitting dragon living under my stars.

The simple answer, and the only right one I could contribute is, 'prove to me he does' which leaves the whole things hanging in the air.

You do realise of course that most of the questions of this type are no on here because anyone wants a debate, is prepared to listen to any real counter argument, or to really find out anything factual at all, it is just people trolling for points, I would suggest that if you can be bothered to check you will find out that they have selected an answer that is either one from a 'friend' or that they have put using a duplicate account.

Cynical I know, but I have been around here a long time now.

Universal negatives cannot be proven. Which is why atheism is an intellectually disingenuous position to hold. As for your conclusion: there has never been a verified archaelogical discovery that contradicts the Bible's account. The Bible is a trustworthy historical source of information. The resurrection is the focal point of Christianity and between the 500+ eyewitnesses of the risen Christ and the tenacity with which the enemies of Christianity tried to snuff it out, there is enough non-friendly reports that show that something besides a conspiracy happened that Sunday morning ...

Odin and Thor are ancestors to king centric and Cedric who faught alongside Arthur and they are ancestors to aethelwulf and king Ecbert that is a blood tie and I'm excited.

The various renditions of

"prove your God"

no "disprove my God"

Are All Rubbish.

You believe in Odin,

Bob will believe in Belobog,

I will believe in my god.

My only concern would be if you were to start crucifying and disemboweling people as sacrifices to Odin.

Odin is as genuine as Zeus or Jupiter. in my view, i think of each and all the mythological deities are in actuality devolved personifications of the real God, Father persons all. In different words, as human beings fell faraway from the actual God, they created those different mythical deities to serve interior the placement of the actual God. They embodied their mythological Deity with those traits that they enjoyed from their previous traditions and discarded those traits that they did no longer settle for.

Nope it's not possible to prove that they do not exist and you also make a very good point. I've never run into a Frost Giant either.

nope, impossible to prove a negative. However, if you write a book using some rice paper, and have several people tell me in similar words that Odin indeed exists, and call it the Holy Book of Odin I will convert and give you 10% of my income! (DISCLAIMER: meant as parody and not a legal contract, I will not give you 10% of my income)

Of course not, because we all know they exist. The thunder and lightning are all the proof anyone needs.

I can prove none of your Gods exist simply because there's no proof.

Nobody can prove anything. There is no evidence that proves that they do or don't exist. End of story.