What do you think about Sri Lanka?

Share your views and experiences about Sri Lanka.

• kbert
    Favorite Answer

I've been to Srilanka many times. Mainly for airport reasons and all. I have stayed in the country a bunch of times for delays and all. It is really beautiful. The food is so exotic and Srilankan Airlines is an excellent plane. Sri Lanka is really something special. The airport gave us a hotel for the flight delay one time, and it was so beautiful. No words could describe it. The food, the room, the beach view, was all so wonderful. I dont remember what it was called, because i was about 8. A few years ago. But Sri Lanka, is such a beautiful place. of course i was on a plane and in a hotel, but the people are so nice. They barely ever say "No" to you. You are probably reading these comments saying they are hospitable, but when you pay them to stay in a hotel, its worth it. Some of my best childhood memories (though i still am a child) would probably be my visits to sri lanka. I still remember every detail of them. A real memorable experience

However, I do not agree with the genocide with tamils that occured in Sri Lanka a recently. I heard the government was supporting it a little because it wanted a dominate race. If you dont already know about it, i'll explain. You see, Tamils like me demanded that they be given their own country. Their own part. I understand that was wrong. Sri Lanka is small as it is already. However, they could have just said "no" instead of allow a small group of sinhalese men to start killing the Tamil race. From children to adults. Even India gave money to support it. In fear, many sri lankans and Tamils escaped to Canada as refugees, forced to leave home. But the Sinhalese men werent just the bad guys. A group called the Tamil Tigers contributed too. Those tamil idiots started killing Sri Lankans just as much. For years there has been tension, and tension continues. Sure, the war has settled down now, but i heard that there is still a bit of tension going on.

Back to the topic. Srilanka is an excellent place for vacation, and gets alot from tourism. Though it has had a bumpy ride in the past, it is still a beautiful place to visit. Srilankans welcome their tourists. No matter what their race or ethnicity is most of the time. A trip to Sri Lanka will be enjoyable.

Country is now in a Post-war anti-terrorism government that practicing Nazi propaganda called Buddhist-empire.

I too agree that Sri Lanka is a mere treat to everyone who just planned for a trip to Sri Lanka.Sri Lanka is much a peaceful place where you can find many beaches,resorts,hotels,temples,zoological gardens, etc.It's really a wonderful place for a great trip.Don't miss the chance to enjoy a peaceful life over there with many hotels such as Galle Face hotel, Colombo Courtyard,Jetwing, Cinnamon, Terrace Green hotel, etc.

Sri Lanka is a hospitable country!

Go to Sri Lanka for the food, safari, beaches, tea, spices, coffee, spa treatment, weather, etc. a few things I go there for/ like there!!

This is the former British colony of CEYLON and, as such, it is obviously very civilised and pleasant. The people are gentle and honourable by nature and their country is stunning if you make the effort to go and see it. Be careful driving though - anything goes and mayhem is the norm.

stunning scenery and culture spent 3 weeks touring saw the most amazing sights ate things we had nver seen before washed elephants had monkeys climbing through our windows. took part in hindu and bhuddist ceremonies. People friendly and very curious always want to talk to you. A magical place.

It a wonderful country to travel.

• Friend

I know malinga throw bowler and fish and coconut tamil tiger and half lungi weared people like tamil,etc.tell me more about it,

It is a beautiful country.