Will you Please help me settle this Conundrum?

_____________________________________________________

In the Fairy Tale "The Princess and the Pea", the Princess is put to the test, and asked to sleep in a room with 20 mattresses and 20 feather beds on top of the mattresses. What she did not know, what the Prince's Mother the Queen, put a pea under all the Mattresses. If the young woman had a good sleep and did not notice the pea, she was deemed a fake and not a worthy Princess. However, if she did feel the pea, she was a worthy Princess. Well, first of all, this is a TRUE STORY and the PEA is in a MUSEUM to this day, but the conclusion was that the Princess woke up with a sore and all black and blue, so she felt under the mattress and found the stink-in pea.

You many answer YES or NO to the following question, and I will tally the answers to get to the bottom of this, because this is a bunch of puffery. I do not believe it. This is a conspiracy. In my opinion the woman had to have been at the least beaten by someone (likely the Prince).

The Question: Do you believe the story, that the Princess really found the pea and was sore, black and blue as a result, or, Do you believe this was a cover up, a conspiracy. This is a Cold Case that needs to be reopened. Thank you, Thomas

_______________________________________________________

Addendum: I hope everybody knows I am being facetious here and was just having fun with this story. Am loving the answers so far. Thomas :)

I have initiated a public inquiry into Fairy Tale Stories Inc. about this matter and how we would go about an investigation into a possible conspiracy. I will wait until the final tallies here but the majority of folks agree as I do that there was some chicanery and deception to the thousands of readers of this tale which have, and has had, a lifelong impact on many, me as an example. One pea? No way! Was the young lady part of this? Is she still alive? If not, ancestors, archives. So much possible work to be done. Is anyone else here with me?

Thanks, Thomas................(lol)

______________________________________________________

Thank you for all your answers. This question got a good workout. Of course it was all meant in good fun. If this were a children's forum it would be cruel to suggest conspiracy. So, thank you for playing along. Best Answer came down to several of you who agreed with me that this (just in fun) believed a possible conspiracy was involved. Really though, everyone had good answers, and I appreciate you coming by. Thomas

________________________________________________________

Favorite Answer

defiantly a conspiracy. theres no way a simple pea could cause her to be black and blue! not in reality anyway. she was obviously beaten or some how painted or done up with make up to appear that way and save her title as princess. for example the prince could have known she was not a real princes but still wanted to be with her ) or was angry she didn't meet requirements) and beat her to make it appear she was a true princess or out of anger.

Source(s): hope this helps :)

Well, back when this happened, there was no such thing as a Simmons Beauty Rest.

BUT, there is a medical condition when someone bruises that easily, and I believe it comes partially from malnutrition.

The Princess was probably Bulimic, because she was self conscious about her weight, as all single young adult women are, but she was overly so. AND as a Princess, she was also a DIVA and complained about every little thing.

SO, since the prince's mom knew this girl was Trouble, and wanted her son to go for a girl with a healthier appetite, and a little meat on her bones,, she planted to Pea to make a point of just what a Diva Bee-atch her son would be able to expect to have to put up with if he indeed DID want to marry her, because He DOES like his girls really skinny because of the kinky sex practices HE likes to engage in.

Nope, It really DID happen just like the fairy tail says. Except for the "happily ever after" part, of course!

Are you so ready for this? Unbelieveably, this was my all time favorite

story growing up, only bc I wanted to sleep on those mattresses piled

so high....and I have always tried to re-create a bed like that and still

do to this very day! I also have that very pic of the princess on her four

poster bed piled high framed and I am looking at it right now! How truly

ironic! As for the answer to your question, this I do not know, sorry, but

I needed to share this little bit of co-incidence with you. ...and do I believe

this story? All I know is I loved the pics of what I wanted, growing up..and

I think that there are others that might feel that way too....so let's leave the

fairy tale in the fairy tale category, and read the story to little ones still! ♥

I think the" princess and the pea" is an imaginary character thought up by a creative writer to stimulate the imagination and mind of young children who would try to figure it out. That's the intriguing part of "fairy tales". A puppeteer around my community travels telling the story of the Princess and pea and winds it into a story about kids eating their vegetables. In the end it stimulates a child's mind and imagination and it ca be made into a fun presentation.

What the story fails to mention is that the prince secretly put a bowling ball between two higher mattresses, after his mother put the pea under a lower mattress. They lived happily, but not completely honestly, ever after.

Thomas..my understanding was that only one pea was put under the very bottom mattress

and being very high birth the princess not being conditioned to mistakes of the sleeping arrangements to her privileged standings would complain the very next morning

its a bit like my missus ...she wants all the bed

I think she was humiliated and terrified and made the whole thing up so as not to incur yet another beating.

On the other hand, I believe in lots of things...Santa Claus, miracles, happy endings, true love, wishing on the first star, lucky pennies....

Still, this never happened. Take it from a fellow "princess", she was scared. Fear makes woman do things that slaughter their integrity, like lying.

I think the quill of a feather poked her and gave her the sore and she woke up on the floor which might explain the bruises falling down 20 flights of mattresses and feather beds.

• jenny

Could be if the mattress were feather beds,

and the pea was the size of beans for jack and the bean stalk.

The prince beat her so she would be sensitive. He was trying to help her be able to feel the pea better. It worked cuz she found it under the mattress. He was just trying to help her get her title ;D