Will you Please help me settle this Conundrum?

_____________________________________________________ In the Fairy Tale "The Princess and the Pea", the Princess is put to the test, and asked to sleep in a room with 20 mattresses and 20 feather beds on top of the mattresses. What she did not know, what the Prince's Mother the Queen, put a pea... show more ________________________________________...

In the Fairy Tale "The Princess and the Pea", the Princess is put to the test, and asked to sleep in a room with 20 mattresses and 20 feather beds on top of the mattresses. What she did not know, what the Prince's Mother the Queen, put a pea under all the Mattresses. If the young woman had a good sleep and did not notice the pea, she was deemed a fake and not a worthy Princess. However, if she did feel the pea, she was a worthy Princess. Well, first of all, this is a TRUE STORY and the PEA is in a MUSEUM to this day, but the conclusion was that the Princess woke up with a sore and all black and blue, so she felt under the mattress and found the stink-in pea.

You many answer YES or NO to the following question, and I will tally the answers to get to the bottom of this, because this is a bunch of puffery. I do not believe it. This is a conspiracy. In my opinion the woman had to have been at the least beaten by someone (likely the Prince).

The Question: Do you believe the story, that the Princess really found the pea and was sore, black and blue as a result, or, Do you believe this was a cover up, a conspiracy. This is a Cold Case that needs to be reopened. Thank you, Thomas

______________________________________...
Update: Addendum: I hope everybody knows I am being facetious here and was just having fun with this story. Am loving the answers so far. Thomas :)
_______________________________________...
Update 2: I have initiated a public inquiry into Fairy Tale Stories Inc. about this matter and how we would go about an investigation into a possible conspiracy. I will wait until the final tallies here but the majority of folks agree as I do that there was some chicanery and deception to the thousands of readers of this... show more I have initiated a public inquiry into Fairy Tale Stories Inc. about this matter and how we would go about an investigation into a possible conspiracy. I will wait until the final tallies here but the majority of folks agree as I do that there was some chicanery and deception to the thousands of readers of this tale which have, and has had, a lifelong impact on many, me as an example. One pea? No way! Was the young lady part of this? Is she still alive? If not, ancestors, archives. So much possible work to be done. Is anyone else here with me?
Thanks, Thomas................(lol)
Update 3: Thank you for all your answers. This question got a good workout. Of course it was all meant in good fun. If this were a children's forum it would be cruel to suggest conspiracy. So, thank you for playing along. Best Answer came down to several of you who agreed with me that this (just in fun) believed a... show more Thank you for all your answers. This question got a good workout. Of course it was all meant in good fun. If this were a children's forum it would be cruel to suggest conspiracy. So, thank you for playing along. Best Answer came down to several of you who agreed with me that this (just in fun) believed a possible conspiracy was involved. Really though, everyone had good answers, and I appreciate you coming by. Thomas