The Devil versus God?

Hey guys!

I recently just saw this post online and I decided, "Hey, why not get Y!A opinions!"

I am not saying that I believe in God or the Devil, but I thought that this was an interesting comparison.

"The devil gave humans critical thinking, which God didn't want. He wanted us to not eat from the tree of knowledge of whatever the hell so we could basically be thought slaves for eternity, but the devil did us a favor and turned the tables there with a single conversation.

Also, the devil killed a grand total of 10 people in the bible, while God killed somewhere around 2.3 million. He understands human nature, but doesn't judge you for being human. He accepts God's unwanted children unconditionally. And still, he's the ********. Why? Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's our silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight."

Another response I saw to this was:

after his death the atheist fell down into the hell. when he opened his eyes, he could not beliving what he did see: a beautiful beach, a shining sun and a pleasent wind. the atheist walk along the beach, untill he saw a being with hoof of an horse and a tail. he asked him if he was the devil. it affirmates and starts to chat with the atheist. after a while he sends the atheist to get a drink from the nearby bar.

on his way back the atheist hears screams and notice a black hole on the ground. he goes to check and saw humans crying and being hitted by demons. the atheist runs to the devil and ask him why there is a black hole. the devil didn't understadnd. the atheist explained the hole, where demons were punishing humans and them crying. "ah", said the devil, "these are the christians, they want it this way...""

Opinions?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

[The Lucifer is so beneath God that He will send his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ to defeat him. Our Lord Jesus Christ is so above Lucifer that He sends & angel to defeat him. Please read the Book of Revelation. There is no contest.]

King James Version Bible

2 John Chapter 1

3. Grace be with you, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

Revelation Chapter 20

1. And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

Matthew Chapter 13

41. The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;

42. And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Revelation Chapter 20

10. And the Devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Revelation Chapter 22

14. Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15. For without [are] dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Ecclesiastes Chapter 9

6. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any [thing] that is done under the sun.

• 3 years ago

Source(s): Advanced affiliates Course http://emuy.info/AffiliateMarketingTrainingPortal
  • winget
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Devil Vs God

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

all you religious people are incredibly stupid putting your trust in a person that does't exist. I actually agree with you on the existence of Jesus as there are many sources but the fact that he is born from God or what not is total bullshit. real is more reliable than belief for instance I would not put my money in a drawer and pray that no one steals it because it will invariably be stolen. Also your so called God is incredibly ****** up and incestrulous because Adam and Eve gave birth to two sons..... And if that wasn't bad enough he then repeated the process with Noah, his wife and his three sons. I'm signing off with a quote I found on reddit:

"give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he'll eat forever

give a man a religion and he'll die praying for a fish"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

In Genesis chapter 3, the serpent tempted Eve into eating the forbidden fruit.The serpent did not give her anything, the desire to gain knowledge was already part of human nature.God did not want Adam and Eve to eat the fruit because humans were not ready for the knowledge of good and evil.Would any good parent allow their infant child to work in a nuclear power plant or use high explosive ordinance?No, they would keep their children away from such dangers.But sometimes it is a good thing to let your child learn from experience, which is why God allowed all of these bad things to happen to humanity.He wanted us to see whether or not we are able to make the best choices.

• Eric
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Nice piece of fluff. Gotta go with what Donna posted though. Satan is the Father of all lies, so why believe that he would ever tell you the truth about anything? He did not tell the whole truth to Adam and Eve. He won't tell you or me the whole truth today. God is truth. God does not lie. I will stick with those concepts rather than the above fiction. Oh, Satan killed more than 10 people. You have to count all of the people who chose to not believe in God, just like Satan wants.since he spreads lies. Everyone who drowned in the Flood, Satan's fault. Everyone since then who has died while rejecting God, Satan's fault. All of the billions who will die in the future, Satan's fault.

God understands human nature better than Satan ever can since God is the one who created us. Logic was cast aside in creating that nice little piece above. Satan does not give mankind any sort of critical thinking skills. He wishes to dumb us down so that we will never stop to actually think for ourselves. Instead, we will all end up running to find out what Wikipedia, or what Answers,com, has to say about anything and then we will believe it to be the truth. Lemmings all.

• 8 years ago

The Devil is a Liar, and the Father of lies...He was a murder from the beginnig....

Now, if he is a liar...what makes you think he would tell you truth? LOL...so simple a child understands....He cannot tell truth...for he IS A LIAR...that is ALL that he is. Got it?

The same way Jesus was created as the TRUTH...so the satan is created as a LIAR....opposites..you know? black white...up down...right left good bad, Lies Truths....etc.

Now as to the black hole.....I suppose the devil would show you this, becuase he is the advesary of Jesus ....the TRUTH....and to live on a beach etc. etc. is heaven to the devil, but to us, believers in JESUS CHRIST it is pure HELL on earth compared to the pure LOVE, and the LIFE that HE gives us. The black hole is the place that we choose to live....though it seems like a black hole to you it is pure light to us...for we know HIM, and Love HIM. So of course this understanding is blackness to you....for as it is written: I will shut their eyes, and close their ears, lest they should repent, and I should heal them. For there are those that are ordained to this condemnation....

Source(s): The Truth as HE lives in me
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I usually try to avoid the religious questions on this site just because everyone is so touchy and think that whatever you say is a direct attack against them, but on a whim I decided to browse the questions in this category today and saw this. It's actually very interesting, and since you just want opinions I thought I'd write mine.

First, the tree that Adam and Eve were forbidden to eat of was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil -- this is important. God wants us to use our heads and to gain knowledge, but He did not want Adam and Eve to know of evil. He was trying to protect them from a life of pain and suffering. To become aware of the existence of evil is to be exposed to sin and vice, and God wanted the human race to remain perfect and good.So, the point is that the eating of the fruit was not an issue of critical thinking, but rather obedience -- which I'm sure someone will read that and say "aha, God wants unconditionally obedient slaves!". That's a pretty extreme interpretation, I would think. Again, God was trying to protect us. I guess I should insert the analogy of God being our Father and we should obey our parents, too.

Second, the point is brought up of the number of people killed by God, and those killed by Satan. I don't claim to know everything about God, Satan, or the Bible. I'm doing my best, but I agree, this is a hard point. What I would say is that those that were killed by God had plenty of chances to avoid destruction, but they deliberately continued in their wickedness. Perhaps rather than letting them run free would cause a ruining and killing of countless other lives, and so God chose to put an end to them. BUT AGAIN, I honestly am not sure.

That bit about Satan killing less is put into perspective when we think about how many spiritual deaths he committed -- what comes to mind is the mob at Pilate's Judgement at the crucifixion. Demons were walking among the crowd and encouraging them to kill Jesus, and so doom their only hope of salvation.

Anyway, this is something for me to study. What I just wrote is what I would say if someone asked me this out of the blue.

Third, all that about Satan understanding human nature (but not judging us) and accepting "God's unwanted children" is just...silly. I can see how someone came up with this theory, but there's so much against it I'd have to discard it. God is trying to restore human's to their previous state of perfection (before Adam and Eve ate of the forbidden fruit), while Satan is doing all he can to keep us from that. God sent Jesus to die for our sins (one of the first steps of restoring us by reconnecting us to God), Satan tried to kill Jesus to keep this plan from coming to fruition and thus keeping the entire human race disconnected from God.

That last response...I honestly wouldn't even consider it. There's not logical or theological evidence to support the message it's conveying (that I know of).

I guess that's about it. Sorry if some of my thoughts weren't communicated properly. I probably should have worked on this a bit more, but it's already been 30 minutes and I'm tired of sitting..Plus, my laptop battery is about to die, woe is I.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

Nice piece of allegory, and as a fictional character I find the devil to be quite a heroic figure. Stout Humanist.

• 8 years ago

Lucifer is a deva. God is God. If they exist. So it's no contest.

Lucifer isn't fated to eternal damnation. He has free will.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.