LSAT logical reasoning arguments section - math?

So I am an aspiring lawyer and I purchased the new Princeton Review LSAT prep. I was going over some of the logical reasoning argumentative questions with a friend of mine who's a chemistry major. She then said that all of the argument questions on the LSAT are purely math. I understand that some of these may... show more So I am an aspiring lawyer and I purchased the new Princeton Review LSAT prep. I was going over some of the logical reasoning argumentative questions with a friend of mine who's a chemistry major. She then said that all of the argument questions on the LSAT are purely math. I understand that some of these may involve numbers, but not ALL of the argument questions are "purely math." I argued that they aren't all mathematical --- just because they involve problem solving doesn't necessarily mean they are math. Her argument was that SINCE they involve problem solving, then they must all be mathematical questions. I explained to her that just because problem solving is USED in math, doesn't mean that anything involving problem-solving is mathematical. For example, if an argumentative question is purely qualitive, it is not "math." I explained the her that the basis of the argumentative questions are REASONING to solve problems. She still thinks she is right and I am wrong.

Members of the bar, and others who've taken the LSAT, what's your thoughts on this? As an aspiring lawyer, I love a good debate and I think I have her on this one.
1 answer 1