Prim
Prim asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

Can somebody please recommend me some good books?

I don't like books like Hunger Games or Twilight books...

I like classic books and poets (Edgar Allen Poe/Sylvia Plat/Anais Inn/Scotts Fitzgerald)...

Here are some ideas on what type of books I like...

I am into politics (especially the Russian politics on communism...) history science mystery classics literature philosophy...

Books I am reading atm...

The Davinci code

The great gatsby

Wuthering heights

Jane Eyre

ANY THING C.S.LEWIS I LOVE HIMM!!!

Favorite Answer

I want to recommend you some truth authors:

Eduard Limonov

Eduard Topol

Mikhail Veller

Viktor Suvorov (he has few controversial novels)

Sergei Shargunov

William Faulkner

Truman Capote

A lot of the best books are in the public domain so they're free to read and if you want to find where on the internet to read public domain books, the best site is www.gutenberg.org

You mentioned philosophy. A really good modern book on philosophy that is very easy to read and not boring at all because it takes place during a bike ride between a father, his son, and the father's friend and the friend's wife. So it's not dry. It's fascinating. It's a modern classic. You should really read it. It's called "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance". It may sound a bit weird but it's great. I own it. It's at every bookstore because it's so good and so famous, so it's easy to find.

And if you want to know another famous F. Scott Fitzgerald book to read: "The Beautiful and the Damned" is supposed to be really good as well. I haven't read it yet but I want to since "The Great Gatsby" is so good.

btw, read up on the history of the name of "The Great Gatsby", there are a BUNCH of other names that he considered for the book. And several of them are quite good and perhaps better titles than the one he chose. I can't remember them off hand though, sorry (bad memory).

Middlemarch, Anna Karenina, Mrs Dalloway, To the Lighthouse.

Keys to the dominion (Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday etc.) by skill of Garth Nix (the suited 2 books are due for launch) His dark components Trilogy (Northern lighting fixtures/Golden Compass once you're in u.s., diffused Knife, Amber Spyglass) by skill of Philip Pullman(once you have study those, there are 2 persist with ons stated as Lyra's Oxford and as quickly as Upon a Time contained in the North) previous Kingdom series (Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen) by skill of Garth Nix (and after those there's a million persist with on stated as around the Wall) *for sure*Harry Potter

if you enjoyed the Da vinci code, you should read the The Lost Symbol and Angels and Demons. both by Dan Brown

jane austen books are good.