Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

can you use Avons Skin so SOFT AS A FLEA AND TICK REPELLANT ON DOGS AND CATS?

IM LOOKING FOR HOME MADE REPELLANTS FOR FLEAS FOR MY DOGS AND CATS ,CANT AFFORD TO BUY MONTHLY.I HAVE 2 LARGE RESCUED DOGS OUTSIDE AND 5 CHIHUAHUAS AND 2 LARGE RESCUED CATS IN THE HOUSE AND OUT

Favorite Answer

you can use 1cup skin so soft 1cup white vinegar to 5 cups water and spray the body and put some in your hands and rub around the ears and face avoiding the eyes. This is what I use for my dogs. I do not have any cats.I spray them down at least 3 times a week depending on your problem you could spray more times a week. I do not have a problem I just use for a preventive. This has worked well. I also put a teaspoon of nutritional yeast into my dogs food every feeding. I feed twice a day a homemade prepared food. The nutritional yeast will deter fleas also. I have went the natural way of home cooked and homemade repellents for over a year now and my dogs are much healthier and happier then ever. I hope this helps.I rescue too and it can become very costly.

• like duh4 years agoReport

Does it have to be avo. Skin so Soft?

My Mum used to sell Avon and yes, Skin So Soft will kill fleas on contact but I wouldn't use the oil straight on the dogs coat.

We used to use the shower gel or body wash while giving the dogs a bath. I do not know if it will keep repelling fleas long term and I have no idea if it does the same thing for ticks. We do not have ticks in the area I live in so have never had to worry about them.

I would be more inclined to buy a longer lasting flea and tick product and buy from an online store where it's cheaper. You should be able to get a product that lasts for 3 or 6 months.

Call a vet and ask them or some on line pet sites have vets u can ask. Sites also give u info on home made repellents though I don't know if they work as good as the monthly ones. U really need something though especially for the outside dogs. Its great that u rescue but u need to be able to take care of them all if something happens to them. Even just flea bites could be a serious problem for some dogs and require a vet. Good luck and just check on line, they do have stuff on what to use and how to make it. Just put home made flea and tick repellent in google.

• up2unow4 years agoReport

My dog has seizures with anything. Even flea collars, pills, flea spray. The vet said skin so soft!

I have used all of the expensive flea and tick medications Trifexis and Revolution Heart Guard years ago that come with Heart worm preventative one of my dogs still has a flee or two and she is allergic to fleas. I have all kinds of medications from the vet and she still gets fleas. I also have a black Chi and she does not seam to have a flea problem and they go to the same places. I think some dogs attract fleas more than other dogs. Just like some people attract mosquitos, Does not mean people are cheap and do not take care of their animals. I have two dogs and between regular vet visits and medications I spend over 2K per year. That is not cheap for relatively healthy dogs using mostly preventive checkups and meds.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): avons skin soft flea tick repellant dogs cats: https://shortly.im/VHN4K

Skin So Soft For Dogs

I got tired of my two Japanese Chins fighting off the fleas and varments, they got every summer no matter how the lawn and they were treated. Switched to Avon Skin So Soft in April of this year to bathe them in and not one flea or anything else has appeared on them. Plus it has seemed to help with the shedding, and they don't scratch either. And they smell great.

Skin So Soft Uses

Here in north TX you don't have to own a dog or cat to have fleas.

Sand fleas will take over your home while you're on vacation in the summer months if you leave your AC off & are gone for as long as a week! Back in the '60's, I remember being a teenager & as soon as school was out - our family left for a 2 month trip traveling around the USA. The day we returned home, we got about 10 feet inside our front door & looked down & were covered to our knees! I swear - looked like we were wearing go-go boots!

no fleas on our dogs when we are using it!!! Bathed them then sparyed using a spray bottle and rubbed it in! They are quite comfortable now that the fleas are leaving them alone!

• Lu Dawn6 years agoReport

Skin so soft works well on our dogs!!! they are so comfortable now!