Examples of rebellion in The Great Gatsby?

What are some examples of rebellion in the Great Gatsby? Specifically shown by Jordan Baker or Myrtle Wilson? Basically just like an example of when a woman in the book rebelled against the American dream or everyone else?

Please help! thanks if you do! (:

Favorite Answer

I don't remember too well because I read this almost a year ago, but Myrtle rebelled against her husband I suppose.

Jordan Baker was a flapper. During the 1920s flappers went against traditional values. Wore short dresses, went to parties, drank, etc.

The book is very symbolic of society, and a lot of the characters rebel against society. Myrtle against the lower class society in an attempt to rise higher in the sociel scale. Daisy also rebels with her affair with Gatsby, as woman weren't expected to stay at home and do as told. Gatsby rebeled against the societies expectations by getting money.