Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 9 years ago

Cleaning Business Name?

My friend and I are trying to start up a cleaning business together. Him and I are very serious about having a classy, simple name. Our initials are J and R, but he doesn't like that idea. We are in Florida,but we do not like "sunshine cleaners".

We are aiming for businesses and eventually going for homes as well.

Any ideas? Thank you =]

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A generic and classic name would be something like Acme Cleaning

another few idea i got are

First cleaning

Easy clean

"last name" cleaning

• 9 years ago

J&R is good. haha...maybe he wants R&J instead. Usually a last name or a person's full name is used for a business because people know your name and will remember your business that way. They will also though remember your name if you do a bad job. but you're right in that if you have a generic name one could quit the business and it still could go forward. Years ago the county and state used to run a check to make sure there were no duplicate business names, so choose a couple of names and then submit one and see if it flys. I'd be more concerned about your 5-year business plan, your equipment, how you will get your customers, what kind of job you will be doing, whose car you'd be using, who will be doing what work, what kind of contract do you have between the two of you, do you have an attorney, do both of you have clean records, etc.

Why not use the name of your city plus something that describes what it is you clean or how you clean it.

• 9 years ago

Krazy Clean, look at this site it should help.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.