my words keep deleting when I type?

why is it that when i type the words get highlighted and then delete themselves or get put in a different spot in the sentence, it's driving me nuts. I had to retype this question like 4 times too

Favorite Answer

Open up a Word program on your computer that already has typed information on there. Set the cursor in front of a text and start typing. If it type the key letter you stroke and delete the letter already there. that means your insert button had been pressed, it's next to your Home Delete Page Up and Page Down buttons. The Insert button is also next to your Backspace button. People often miss the Backspace button and hit the Insert button by mistake without realizing it, causing the computer to delete a letter every time you type. Type and hit the Insert button each time to see what happens, it might come back to normal typing. Good Luck!

have you done an antivirus/spyware scan?