In Oregon do landlords have to give a 24 hour notice?

Before they can just come in? I was just wondering because I'm due for a reinspection any day now. And I've been checking my mail everyday, I got all paniced because there was this guy checking out my neighbors apartment and I heard him saying "Well we need to get upstairs" I live upstairs. But I haven't gotten any letters, calls or e-mails from my landlord. So! I just wanted to make sure so I don't get kicked out of my apartment, do they have to BY LAW give you a 24-48 hour notice before they can come in?

My inspection doesn't have to deal with repairs or anything. It's suppose to be like this sort of inspection thingy....I don't even know what it really is. I guess it's to make sure I'm not a bad person.

Best Answer

In Oregon, a landlord must give at least 24 hours notice prior to entering a rental unit unless the tenant has asked in writing for repairs within the last seven days or there is an emergency.

Yes.

Oregon and Washington, if not already written in your rental agreement, the landlord must give the tenant 24 hours notice prior to making an entry onto the property. This notice can be in form of in person visit, phone call, and or written letter.

Reasonable suspicion of illegal activity, abuse, or abandonment: If the landlord suspect the tenant is violating the rental agreement by engaging illegal activities, criminal abuse of family members, or had abandoned the property, the landlord (accompanied by a sheriff or police officer) may enter the property without notice. Only with police or sheriff present and with reasonable suspicion can a landlord enter without notice.

They have to give you notice to do an inspection, or to show the apartment.

They do NOT have to give you notice to do any type of emergency repairs, or repairs that need to be done.

So if they are working on a downstairs apartment, and they need to get into yours to complete the repairs, they need not give notice at all.

Yes, they have to give you a 24 hour notice except in case of emergency.

Yes they give you a 24 hour notice

if you are expecting them didn't you already get notice?