swerve
swerve asked in HealthOther - Health · 8 years ago

Do I have a brain tumor or do I need glasses?

Ever since Summer 2010 I've been getting occasional migraines, but the thing is it's ALWAYS during the summer and never during the rest of the year. When I get the migraines my head throbs, neck pain, my vision gets kind of blurry and I have blind spots, and sometimes I feel like throwing up, but I never do.

Anyways, there's been heat waves this past month so it's been really hot, and I've had like three migraines this month. Sometimes I start to sweat like crazy and it won't calm down until I lay down somewhere.

I've been researching a little bit and I"m freaked out I have a brain tumor. :( But part of me thinks I might just need glasses because everyone on my dad's side of the family wears glasses and the blurred vision usually triggers the migraine. It usually happens when I'm on the computer. Right now I'm wearing sunglasses while on the laptop at school because I don't want it to happen again. Please help!

Best Answer

About 75% of the population are estimated to share your problem. It's not a brain tumour. It's a reaction to your temperature rising due to the heat. You're too hot, temperature wise. If you took your temperature, you would find that it would be around 100 - 102 degrees. You are merely more sensitive to the heat.

Your symptoms are also a sign of impending Heat Exhaustion or Heat Stroke. Stay indoors preferably with the air conditioner on. Avoid drinking alcohol and caffeine. Drink lots of water or, even better, sports drinks like Gatorade.

Source(s): Brain tumour ..... >_<

Go to a fu**ing docter how would the public know