Happy 40th Birthday to The Notorious B.I.G.?

Wallace is celebrated as one of the greatest rap artists and is described by Allmusic as "the savior of East Coast hip-hop". The Source and Blender named Wallace the greatest rapper of all time. In 2003, when XXL magazine asked several hip hop artists to list their five favorite MCs, Wallace's name appeared on more rappers' lists than anyone else. In 2006, he was ranked at #3 in MTV's The Greatest MC's of All Time.

Since his death, Wallace's lyrics have been sampled and quoted by a variety of hip hop, R&B and pop artists including Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Alicia Keys, Fat Joe, Nelly, Ja Rule, Eminem, Lil Wayne, Game, Clinton Sparks, Michael Jackson and Usher. On August 28, 2005, at the 2005 MTV Video Music Awards, Sean Combs (then using the rap alias "P. Diddy") and Snoop Dogg paid tribute to Wallace: an orchestra played while the vocals from "Juicy" and "Warning" played on the arena speakers. In September 2005, VH1 had its second annual "Hip Hop Honors", with a tribute to Wallace headlining the show.

Wallace had begun to promote a clothing line called Brooklyn Mint, which was to produce plus-sized clothing but fell dormant after he died. In 2004, his managers, Mark Pitts and Wayne Barrow, launched the clothing line, with help from Jay-Z, selling T-shirts with images of Wallace on them. A portion of the proceeds go to the Christopher Wallace Foundation and to Jay-Z's Shawn Carter Scholarship Foundation. In 2005, Voletta Wallace hired branding and licensing agency Wicked Cow Entertainment to guide the Estate's licensing efforts. Wallace-branded products on the market include action figures, blankets, and cell phone content.

The Christopher Wallace Memorial Foundation holds an annual black-tie dinner ("B.I.G. Night Out") to raise funds for children's school equipment and supplies and to honor the memory of the late rapper. For this particular event, because it is a children's schools' charity, "B.I.G." is also said to stand for "Books Instead of Guns"

Favorite Answer

R.I.P B.I.G.

Happy birthday man! Everyone misses you,.

They say Life begins at 40, so we'll make sure to live that life for you through your epic music.

• ferino

happy Birthday sweetie!!! i'm hoping you have a spectacular day..Muahh i'm hoping all your targets come genuine... Thats my Birthday prefer to YOU! Cant I quite have a chocolate chip birthday cake?

R.I.P. B.I.G. one of the Best he will be missed for ever

RIP BIGGIE ! happy birthday !

i let my music for biggie : notorius thugs ( ft bone thugs n harmony ) .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8F6Btndco

Youtube thumbnail

&feature=fvst

Source(s): --_¶___________________._ ---/________\___/__________|]░ ▒▓▓█D --/__==O_________________/ ---),---.(_\(_) / --//_¤_),------ -//_¤_// //_¤_//. ==> COMPTON BLOODZ , CPT , WEST SIDE , THUG LIFE BROTHAS <== .