What does "through" jesus christ mean?

What does it mean to have a relationship through Jesus Christ? I believe in Jesus and he is my Lord and Savior but I do have problems understanding semantics. Can someone help explain what "through" means in this context?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • grnlow
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

The absolute perfection of Jehovah God could never be a part of any imperfection. All humans are terribly imperfect creatures. None of us are perfect. How can these two sides get together to communicate?

That is the purpose of Jesus, appointed as the Mediator between perfect God and imperfect humanity. There is no human who could fulfill that role. So no clergy need try. This is why Paul at 1 Timothy 2:5-6 wrote, "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times."

By addressing prayers and all things to God by way of going through Jesus, as our Mediator, we can be assured Jehovah God will hear our prayers and our needs.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

That means that through Jesus christ we can have a relationship with God, Its the same thing that you believe. They also believe that Jesus is Lord and only through him they can have a relationship with God.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

We can communicate with God through Jesus Christ because he is our mediator between God and man. He helps us to know the heart of God on any issues that arise.

1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV)

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

• 8 years ago

Through Jesus-->Christ is through Law --> Grace.

But that is still not the end of the biblical mystery;

For such only gets you right of left/right things.

Being right to make others wrong is inexcusable.

http://www.godshew.org/Inexcusable.html

True Grace is not over against anyone.

Rather true Grace is with you all. Amen.

Through Christ-->God-ward = above of under/above.

Above is neither "Under" the law -nor- "Under" grace.

So the heart should be established "with grace", since

both under law = peril them and under grace = peril us.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

To pray to God the father

You must except the shed blood of Jesus as a Ransom pacifier sins and follow his teachings

• 8 years ago

In a way it's simply branding. (Name brands vs no-name brands). It's the same stuff, but not quite, right? Jesus is the Name Brand. It's tastier, made with less cheap ingredients (seriously, I nearly cracked a tooth on no-name brand cheerios once) and is usually worth the extra effort/expense to add to your grocery cart.

I mean, that's a really strange analogy because I don't really think people should shop for Jesus, but there you have it.

• Pamela
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

we have our SALVATION thru Jesus or BY WAY OF Jesus- BY MEANS OF Jesus-

BECAUSE of Jesus- THRU Him we have salvation-

we go thru Him to get our salvation because He makes it possible

we have done nothing to secure it for ourselves

it is free gift we only need to recieve

our RELATIONSHIP is WITH Him- this is more of a cooperation-

we have a part and He has a part and each is given freely

a relationship can not exist if only one party is interested-

both must be committed to each other for health and strength:)

just my 2 cents:)

• Sídhe
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

it's really shorthand for "through [the teachings of] Jesus Christ".

• inorder to come to God in The Way He prescribes... and receive His free, and eternal, gift of Salvation... one must first come to accept Jesus as The Son of God, and as The Christ... and accept that his intruction is The Word and Will of God for man-kind.... and... accept Jesus as Lord and Master of your life on Earth

There is more to it of course... but you asked about Jesus... and that is just one part of The Way to God

Jesus is The Way to God.....it is God who grants Salvation

Source(s): God's Word... and His promise to me in the instant of my salvation
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Through:

1 moving in one side and out of the other side of (an opening, channel, or location): [ as prep. ] : stepping boldly through the doorway | [ as adv. ] : as soon as we opened the gate, they came streaming through.

• so as to make a hole or opening in (a physical object): [ as prep. ] : the truck smashed through a brick wall | [ as adv. ] : a cucumber, slit, but not all the way through.

• moving around or from one side to the other within (a crowd or group): [ as prep. ] : making my way through the guests.

• so as to be perceived from the other side of (an intervening obstacle): [ as prep. ] : the sun was streaming in through the window | [ as adv. ] : the glass in the front door where the moonlight streamed through.

• [ prep. ] expressing the position or location of something beyond or at the far end of (an opening or an obstacle): the approach to the church is through a gate.

• expressing the extent of turning from one orientation to another: [ as prep. ] : each joint can move through an angle within fixed limits.

PS. In this context it means via so like by Jesus

Source(s): Go to catholic school
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.