Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 years ago

Are some people just meant to be alone?

And I dont mean this as an emo rant, but it seems some people just don't fit into the mold of typical relationships, nor do they care. They're just too....different.

Take myself as an example, I'm too concerned with other things to care about relationships, and I'm actually a very happy person on my own. And when I think about myself with a woman, it just doesn't fit. Not because i'm insecure or have no confidence, It just seems like a weird foreign thing, it feels like i'm out of place or not meant to be there when I imagine kissing a woman.

People who know me don't even ask why I don't have a girlfriend, because its like they know it's just not who I am or something.

So are some people just meant to be alone?

Patricia: 21

Favorite Answer

Yes some people I believe are happy on their own like a lone wolf you march to the beat of your own drum and wouldn't have it any other way.

I have two friends that are this way and their about 40yrs old never been happier in their lives , kinda funny these two try dateing each other about 15-20 yrs ago because our friends tried to hook em up it lasted about a month or more give or take a few days and they both relized that sure they could be friends but they still wanted that time to themselves.

They do get together ones in a while to help each other out with small projects like digging a new flower bed and he will get her to stitch his cloths....kinda funny....so as long as your happy then there is nothing wrong in loving your own company...Happ trails to you lone wolf.

Yeah, I think so. In my honest, blunt opinion, the only good thing about a relationship is the sex.

Seriously though, I'm happy being single. I don't see why it should be such a deal if I don't have a boyfriend, though some people actually seem to feel sorry for me. If I'm happy in the company of me, myself and I, I don't see why I need anyone else.

• Youre of a higher frequency than most people so its natural that the idea of being in bondage to another person aka a romantic "relationship" would seem forign and a bit barbaric to you. Youre not alone.

You didn't mention your age. But it doesn't matter so much...

We are social creatures and it's in our nature to associate with others. It's also in our nature to desire a partner during our lifetimes.

There are times in our lives when we are more apt to desire a relationship than others. You may change your mind given time.

• Ade

Yes, there are definitely people just like you out there. I know one; he is not gay, he is not straight, he simply isn't interested. It may be called "asexual". But you are not alone in your thinkiing.

Some people marry, some don't. It isn't compulsory.