why do people not believe in the holocaust?

ive seen people and heard people say that its just a conspiracy and the jews made it up for power?! i know its a insane thought but why there so many information to prove that wrong. like is it because they dont want to believe such a thing happened? or are they just ignorant?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1) Most of those people that deny the holocaust are the same type people that were crazy enough to mass murder people all under some sick and twisted logic. In other words, their logic for conspiracy is the same sort of logic those that activated the holocaust. So it's not surprising how they can deny such a thing. There are many Japanese people who deny the mass rape, torture and murder of the Chinese coastal cities too.

2) Some of them who deny the holocaust are simply ignorant. Their most common answer is: "Were you there? You didn't see it. So how do you know for sure?"

Well, considering my fiance's family are Germans and her grandparents are old enough to remember WW2 inside Germany... And my remaining grandparents are old enough to remember WW2 in Hong Kong... Books as taught through any self-respectable university, as well as personal accounts through family members is hard to refute. This isn't a matter of angels and ghosts that appear to a select few, but this is a matter of a massive event that affected millions.

3) You can't take anything from Neo Nazi's and KKK seriously. ^_~ So obviously they will make up crap to justify conspiracies.

4) Pride. Many of the deniers are Nazi-Germany related. They believe their ethnicity and 'race' is the most superior one. So naturally, they don't want people to see them as murderers and rapists. It tarnishes their 'reputation' as the superior race.

-----

I was in Germany in April this year and my fiance who is German and I who is a Chinese ethnic person born in Canada visited a grave yard in Schonberg (North Germany, east of Kiel) and we happened upon a mausoleum for WW1 and WW2 soldiers that died for their country.

It was both very sad and a bit frustrating to see it because on one hand, these soldiers followed orders and through peer pressure, committed atrocities all around Europe, but on another hand, they were loved by their country and their families. The tomb looked lonely and cold. I remember squeezing my fiance's hand but said nothing.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

They are idiots.

Miscreants, and those that peddle hatred, are the ones who deny the factual history of the genocide perpetrated by the Nazis, against not only the Jews, but any group that Hitler felt threatened his power base. Jehovah's Witnesses, were also slaughtered, yet were able to be set free, if they denounced their belief in God, and signed a paper saying so. They refused, and were tortured alongside the Jews, and other groups, that were considered enemies of the state by the Nazis.

BUT?

The Holocaust, is not the only modern example of genocide.

In 1915, the Turks pursued the genocide of Armenians.

In more recent times?

Rwanda. The bloodshed between the Hutu and Tutsi.

The history of the domination of the "New World" through the genocide against indigenous peoples in North and South America, is seemingly a lost footnote in history.

The Spaniards devastated the peoples of Mexico.

The Europeans decimated the peoples of North America.

The Chinese Holocaust

Apparently, genocide, only became an evil act, in the last 60 years.

• N/A
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Some were just taught that before they were taught it happened, some are prejudiced, some normal people truly don't believe it happened. Most of these people believe it happened to a lesser scale, without gassings, and that "Holocaust" is just like a brand name to sell an idea and exploit people to get special priveledges for the Jewish people.

They argue that the photos that were taken are of diseased/starving people which does not prove a Holocaust, just that people were in concentration camps on the losing side. They also claim that the gas chambers of today are reconstructions that were not there originally, which alot of them are admittedly reconstructions.

They also point out inconsistencies in eyewitness testimonies to the holocaust. For example, alot of holocaust survivors swear that the Nazis made soap out of the people in the concentrations camps, while most historians say this isn't true.

They argue that those in the concentration camps were treated far better than is made out to be, citing examples of concentration camp victims saying they played soccer and pointing out photos of a theatre and types of currency in the camps. You could probably find these things by a quick google or utube search.

They also argue that the confessions at Nuremburg were coerced under torture and resulted in ridiculous claims to give the interrogators what they want to hear.

Another thing that makes them suspicious is the laws in the EU that state you cannot quesiton it or you will be arrested. Again, a google search could bring you up a list of people arrested for denying the holocaust probably.

David Irving was a respected historian until he started to downplay the holocaust, you could look up his books if you're interested in more of their reasoning.

• Aimé
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

It's antisemitism, mostly. People who dislike Jews say that it was made up. They claim that, upon inspection of the gas chambers at Auschwitz and other extermination camps, there are no traces of Zyklon B on the walls, which would mean no one was ever killed in them. But, these theories overlook the fact that these gas chambers, crematoria, medical experimentation blocks, and others parts of the camps must have been used for something. Plus, the population records of European countries clearly document the disappearance to 17 million people. If there was no Holocaust, where did they all go?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think that it's just because some people are afraid to admit that something as horrible has what happened with the Holocaust can possibly happen the world. It's more of a denial or refusal of belief that something like a mass genocide can possibly happen.

• Micky
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Yeah it is crazy that people even suggest it, I fully agree with you.

I'd suggest asking this question in the Religion & Spirituality section to get some really interesting and crazy answers.

Some people say it was so Jewish people could gain sympathy from people, and that they used the sympathy to flee the country and spread to other countries, so now they control the world. (Crazy huh?)

• 8 years ago

Anti semites love to eat conspiracy theories up. But sorry, the holocaust did happen, and there is plenty of damning evidence to prove it.

• 8 years ago

Which holocaust? The Ukrainian one or the Armenian one?

I don't know why some people deny they happened. They must be bigots or something.

• 8 years ago

The Holocaust was a main factor in the creation of Israel, as it made it clear that the Jewish people needed a homeland. People who are opposed to the existence of Israel are therefore the biggest Holocaust deniers.

• 8 years ago

Who doesn't believe? Because the Holocaust did happen and in Germany there is graves and a place to view what happened during the Holocaust and how many people died.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.