Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 9 years ago

Why did Shannen Doherty leave Charmed?

It sucks because Prue was a great character. I hated it when they made her die. The show was not the same without Prue. I'm wondering what happened behind the scenes.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I was told that there was to much fighting going on between Alyssa and Shannen over petty things like who had the best wardrobe and who was more popular, who had the better lines, and Holly tried to step in and help but when that didn't work, the network hired a mediator. Shannen asked to be let go as early as season 2 and was turned down. Then come season 3, Alyssa wanted out, but they wanted Alyssa as the star so they said no, and when Shannen was up in Canada shooting Another Day, they sent her a pink slip. I know this to be true because Holly talked about it in the first interview with Rose. From speaking out like she did, Holly ended up getting fired for it. She even said she was going to leave if Shannen was fired, but she was still under contract so she stayed. I heard that they already shot some scenes for season 4.

• 9 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-NJIfxpe44

Youtube thumbnail

That's an old interview with Shannen about why she left Charmed. The short version is that she claims she didn't get along with Alyssa Milano (Phoebe) and she wanted to work with people who care about what they are doing (she claims the others would complain about work, but of course this is only her point of view). She also says she and Holly Marie Combs (Piper) never fought, and Holly was not the reason she left.

I love Charmed too! I liked Prue, but I also like Paige (joined after Prue died). Hope I helped! (:

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I heard a bunch of reasons, but the main one was because she didn't get along with Alyssa Milano. It couldn't have been Holly Marie Combs because they're very close, if not best, friends.

• 9 years ago

Cause she's a horrible beotch and she really didn't get along with the crew and cast.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

she got fired, the character was great but the actress was a B**ch

• 9 years ago

Ik i love her its not the same

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.