Why does You Tube think I'm in Russia?

I tried to log in to youtube.ru the other day to get some information on a Russian based music band. I found what I was looking for and left the site.

Now, every time I log in I get a mini Cyrillic keyboard and all my notifications in Russian.

ie: Категории|Телепередачи |Кинозал |Добавить видео despite my URL showing "http://www.youtube.com/%22

Can any one tell me how to get it back to normal please?

Interesting suggestion Anthony, hadn't thought about going down that route. Just done a quick AV scan which came up negative but chose to run CCleaner to see if that made a difference.

All good again now thanks. BA coming later dude!

Favorite Answer

are you sure your computer didn't get hacked?? Websites can tell where you are based on your ip address. Your ip address is based where your internet provider is. I could be wrong about this. Some phishing websites can do this. i would try to contact youtube about this.

But maybe run virus check and change your pass words to be safe.