How is the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim with Straight Talk?

Anyone who has it, do you like it? If I have the $45/month unlimited Straight Talk plan, do I get unlimited internet use/data or is it limited to 2G/month? Is it still the same Verizon coverage as the other Straight Talk phones?

Favorite Answer

I have been using it for about a week now, and I am very impressed. For the last 4-5 years at least, all the Verizon-based phones on Straight Talk, TracFone and Net10 have been less desirable than their AT&T-based counterparts. Based on that experience, I didn't have the highest expectations for the "Samsung Galaxy Proclaim," the first Straight Talk smart phone to use the Verizon Network.

So far, I have been very happy with it. Here are some reasons why:

It has a 1Ghz processor that is snappy enough to make the phone run pretty quickly.

I love using Swype to compose text messages.

My data connection speeds have been acceptable and at least as good as I expect.

Battery life is very good - it has lasted me all day during my most vigorous testing.

I have installed quite few apps and they all run well.

All in all, I think for $180 for the phone and $45 a month, this Android phone running on Verizon is a great deal.

Some people questioned the size of the phone (3.5-inch screen), and that's really a matter of personal preference. With new phones such as the Samsung Galaxy Note (5.5-inch screen), the trend seems to be toward bigger devices. For me personally, a one-handed phone is better. I have also used an HTC Inspire with a 4.3 inch display, and it was very very nearly too large for me to hold the phone in one hand and still be able to reach all corners of the screen with my thumb. And a screen that big requires a lot of juice to light it up, and this necessitates a big battery that adds substantial weight and bulk.

Another thing is that the Proclaim is running with the Gingerbread version of Android, not the newer Ice Cream Sandwich. But Google has been pretty slow to roll out ICS phones, so I'm not surprised that the Proclaim is Gingerbread. I've heard great things about ICS, but I'm content with Gingerbread and I'm pretty sure that 90% of phone users out there will be happy with it too, especially on a prepaid phone.

I'll be posting more info about this on the site referenced below, including some videos and lots of pictures. If you have more questions, you can definitely post them in the comments section on any page of that site and I'll do my best to answer you.

Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Proclaim

Samsung Galaxy Proclaim Straight Talk

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): samsung galaxy proclaim straight talk: https://biturl.im/o2xIg
  • Hammer

I have it and I love it. I live in very rural southeast alabama (real country) and get excellent reception for talking, texting, emailing, and use of the GPS. I was actually surprised the GPS could find my remote home, but it took me straight to my driveway. The speaker for GPS could be crisper and would be nice if the GPS spoke through the audio speakers as the phone does in bluetooth. I am not sure how much data I have used, but I am sure I am pushing the envelop, however it still working fine with over a week to go to a new $45 card. I have had no dropped calls and no dropped messages. The camera does a good job of sending pics with the text. Pixel ratio could be higher, and they are on higher cost phones, but the pics are more than adequate for what you get. I still get the same Verizon coverage even here in BF Egypt where I live.

Source(s): My only sources are my (and my friends) phone and friends with the same Samsung Proclaim who live close to me. We used then in the woods (a 6,000 wooded area) to track and mark off hunting spots and the GPS worked wonderfully as we planned it out in nice fashion and kept all the shooting houses a minimum of 1,000 feet apart with the use of the GPS feature. Also have used the navigation feature to drive from Atlanta, GA back to Dothan, Alabama ... right into the driveway ..worked like a charm!

Ive heard its unlimited data with whatever is already built in, but you can't go over

2gb on other things, but most of what you need like facebook and youtube

is already pre installed

Hi there,

get Hunting Unlimited 2010 for free here: http://bitly.com/1BDAOkK

no surveys, no scams, just the full game!

Thanks to Hunting Unlimited you will experience a hunting simulation in your PC without needing to risk your life.

Try it out

The device might not be the best, but the plan is pretty good.

From what I have read the data is limited.

New york inc, how are you using a 4s on straight talk?!? Can you hit me up on gchat? (my username)