An awesome Sci-fi anime ?

I need a really good Sci-fi anime to watch! Example , Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere or Steins Gate.

Thanks! (:

Favorite Answer

I guess you really like sci-fic anime. That's good. So here are some top 10 sci-fic anime for you : The main thing I wanna tell you that honestly I didn't watch any of 'em. I got info about 'em from somewhere so that it will be easy to choose for you

# Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Season 1(A long title for a very impressive anime show that’s can go toe to toe with any anime out there. Not a remake of Ghost In The Shell, rather SAC is a re-imaging.)

# Planetes (Planetes almost made it to #1. This fantastic anime show is a hard SF look at a near future Earth and is very character-centric. The creators have gone to great pains to show realism in their vision of the future, with no sound during space shots, rotating habitats for gravity, less gravity on the moon, and even to the chosen occupation of the main characters: earth orbit trashmen.)

# Cowboy Bebop (Cowboy Bebop is an exceptional anime. Starting with its setting: a future, widely colonized Solar System. We see a colonized Mars and a ton of orbitals and space stations. But, at the same time, there is a tired, run-down feeling present.)

#Last Exile (Everything about this anime is top notch: characters, worldbuilding, visuals, and story. It has a very steampunkish feel, but there is a heavy SF element lurking underneath everything.)

# Castle In The Sky ( Castle is another masterpiece from the Japanese animation guru, Hayao Miyazaki, best known for his films Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. Castle In The Sky is basically the tale of the long lost heir to a powerful empire discovering her identity and destiny.)

# Scrapped Princess (Scrapped Princess is SF, for reasons I can’t really go into without major spoilage. Suffice it it say, Scrapped Princess relies heavily on its characters and their interactions to carry the story, and they do it well.)

# Serial Experiments Lain(SEL is a surreal, complex show, most closely resembling Ghost In The Shell or The Matrix. SEL forgoes the action in those two movies and instead focuses on the philosophical underpinnings of humanity, reality and living in a connected world.)

# Full Metal Alchemist ( OK, so FMA is pushing the bounds of SF, being basically fantasy, but there are quite a bit of SF ideas here, and its mix of fantasy and tech certainly fits.)

# Akira ( Akira is probably the one anime movie that introduced many American fans to anime in the late 1980′s. I know it did for me. In the annals of anime, it is considered a classic. From its story to its striking, for the time, visuals, Akira is a standout movie.)

# Neon Genesis Evangelion (One of the most popular anime series, ever. Its got aliens, mechs, angst, interesting characters and a complex,some would say incomprehensible, plot. The Earth is being attacked, at regular intervals, by unknown alien entities.)

I hope you like them but most imp is enjoy the show :)

By Sci-fi you mean giant robots right? If so Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is awesome sci-fi anime! It goes beyond the impossible and kicks reason to the curb! Basically it involves giant robots who use galaxies as shurikens and throw big bangs around. They turn the moon into a giant transforming space ship, that has guns that shoot every second in space and time and are piloted by a smaller robot, which in turn is piloted by an even smaller robot which is actually a combination of a small robot and a huge robot. Also they have a robot bigger than a galaxy. So yeah, it's pretty epic...

The list isn't bad, but you might also try the Mobile Suit Gundam series and believe it or not Naruto, plus Knights of Sidonia and Macross

Captain Harlock and the Queen of Thousand Years

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uteFMH54MNg

Gundam series

neon genesis evangelion (it's a great series)

Ghost in the shell