the prosecter wants to make a case out of my husband for hitting me but im not pressing charges what will happ?

my husband went to court,he back on bail the prosecters want to make a case out of it but im still not going to press charges i just him back home what will happen ,i wll never press charges,as we were both fighting,

Best Answer

My husband hits me and it got to the point I was and and am 9 months pregnant and he choked but unforunately for me I am living in his country till the baby is born and the police will do nothing and if I was in the USA which is where I am from , I would have pressed charges .

U sound like the kind of wife that drives the cops and court system crazy because U will not press charges! U can waste everyone's time and energy but then U fail to follow through. Are U just playing chicken with yourself to see which time he hits U will kill you? Of course the prosacuter wants U to press charges -- he wants both of U to GROW UP.

What are you waiting for?

A broken rib or jaw?

In the UK they would probably not proceed with a case unless he has done serious damage...it would be referred to the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) - and they don't like to act without a Witness or even worse...a reluctant Witness.

you should press charges though in my opinion...nothing worse than a man who hits a woman...what a wimp he must be!!

• jude

hopefully the state will pick up the charges anyway and they won't need you to press charges. they can still charge him without you, stop calling police when he hits unless your willing to go through with pressing charges.

• HJW

It does not matter if you do not want to press charges, too late now!

if abuse is reported,the sate will prosecute w/o your filing

this law was made because too many women would file then drop the charge because of being intimidated and scared

it is out of your hands now.

It is your choice but he hit you once and he will do it again and eventually you will be hurt bad, Good Luck

Historically this is what happens:

He hits you again!