Are all drug addicts physically abusive?

Are all drug addicts abusive people? Are all drug addicts physically abusive?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Not necessarily.

People on drugs can't control themselves; it is the drugs which control them. Before they got into drugs/when they are not on drugs they may be one of the calmest and most down to earth people.

The type of drugs they are addicted to also play a role on their behaviour; if they are into relatively harmless drugs like marijuana then I doubt they are physically abusive at all; they still have some control over their actions. However, if they are under the influence of alcohol or something extreme like heroin, then it is best to avoid them than to stick around because you have no idea how the drug is affecting them and what they are capable of. Of course you can take care of them but honestly I think you should take care of yourself and your own safety comes first. You should get them some help if you really care about them to help them overcome their drug addiction and live a happier and healthier life.

• 6 years ago

Absolutely not! Drugs can have that effect on some individuals, especially addicts. Some causes to violence could be because an addiction, but there are also many, many different factors that could lead to that. Drug users can also become the exact opposite of that, with feelings of depression and hopelessness, or feel paranoid and shut people out. Many drug users live 'normal' lives, and sometimes it is nearly impossible to tell that they in fact are drug users. But to answer in short, no, definitely, DEFINITELY, not. Lol

• 7 years ago

Haha ofcourse not. They are normal people like me and you, but when under the influence its possie that someone can make bad decisions as it is on everyday basis. One of my best friends was a drug addict and he is one of the most genuinely nicest people i have ever met. So the answer to the question is that it is possible, but not certain tjat they could be physically abusive. Im not saying that they all are not capable of being abusive, but it depends on the person.

Source(s): Personal experience :)
  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

No. Drugs can make you violent though. Especially drugs like coke and meth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

Not necessarily. It depends on the individual, its more to do with the persons personality and mental state. Generally someone who has a tendency toward violence may find drugs 'set them off' but someone who isnt physically abusive isnt likely to turn violent just because of drugs.

• 4 years ago

Majority of the drug (they use meth) addicts I know are really laid-back, placid people. They are all very creative & make all these gorgeous pieces of art. But they also sleep regularly and eat properly. Honestly, if you didn't know they used drugs, you would never suspect it.

Couple of them have violent tendencies but not at random or for no reason. It's only when someone owes them money...

• 7 years ago

I agree with secretbby that not all are abusive, but drugs do not necessarily control someone. They merely exacerbate one's personality and actions. So if one does have violent tendencies, then on certain drugs like alcohol and cocaine then they Will be potentially more aggressive if not abusive

• 8 years ago

Of course not.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.