Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 9 years ago

Spouse Visa in Canada...?

Hi all...i've a question...if i get a PR in Canada and get a full time job, and after that if i return to my country and marry, is that possible to sponsor my wife as spouse visa? Will she be able to go there after our marriage? plz answer me..

1 Answer

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Marriage makes no difference in Canada with respect to visas. If you want your wife to join you in Canada she either has to be sponsored by someone in Canada or she can apply herself from outside the country.

    If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative to become a permanent resident.

    CIC refers to the immigrants who are eligible to use this family sponsoring process as the Family Class.

    If you become a permanent resident, you can live, study and work in Canada.

    When you arrive in Canada as a permanent resident, you must make every reasonable effort to provide for your own essential needs and those of your family.

    If you sponsor a relative to come to Canada as a permanent resident, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially when he or she arrives. As a sponsor, you must make sure your spouse or relative does not need to seek financial assistance from the government.

    The process to sponsor your family begins when you, as a citizen or permanent resident in Canada, apply to be a sponsor.

    There are two different processes for sponsoring your family. One process is used for sponsoring your spouse, conjugal or common-law partner and/or dependent children. Another process is used to sponsor other eligible relatives.

    This site may answer all your questions.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.