Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 years ago

Why did i get such a bad headache from briefly looking at the sun today?

So today i looked up at the sun but it wasnt for that long, maybe 5 seconds...right away i felt pain in my head and as the day went on, it turned into a massive headache...by the time i got home from school, my headache was horrible...just moving my eyes around a room gave me this bad sore pain in my forehead, and i was sensitive to any light to the point where i was going to throw up because i felt so bad....it also made my headache worse to look at a screen of any kind....eye strain maybe? I know youre not supposed to look at the sun, and i never do, i guess i just wasnt thinking about what i was doing...later i learned that its really realy bad to look at the sun during a solar eclipse, and theres gonna be one in less than two days....is there a connection between the solar eclipse and my massive headache, or is it just a concidence? And if theres a connection, why did this happen?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It just sounds like you got a migraine headache. They can cause all the symptoms you listed. I think it was just a coincidence it happened when you looked at the sun. Certain lights can cause headaches. Any way, sounds like a migraine headache, lots of people suffer from them.

• Maura
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

SORRY, but the only reason i am in a bad mood is because i have a very bad cold and i am really not in the mood to be playing around, If i didn't have this terrible cold i would probably have the best attitude about things!!!!!!!!!

• 9 years ago

I don't know man, I really don't think so. You should just know not to look into the sun... I mean, I can barely look around the area of the sun without my eyes hurting. It's bright, and brightness hurts your eyes. I don't think you will die. Stop Googling, go to sleep and it'll probably be all better.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.