would blood work have revealed something?

I'm a hypochondriac and lately I've been worried I'm dying o Leukemia. I've been to the doctor quite a few times in the pa have another appointment in two weeks. Anyways, I've gott blood drawn and tested, urine analysis, and heart monitorin look down your throat and say "ahhh" typical exams. My do work revealed my blood count for both red and white cells w normal level. If I had a severe stage of leukemia or lymphom have picked it up?

Wow...that got completely messed up. What I was saying is I'm a hypochondriac and lately I've been worried Ih have leukemia or lymphoma. I've been to the doctor quite a few times lately and had quite a gew tests done such as chest x-rays, blood tests, urine analysis, chest monitoring, and an EKalG along with the standard exam. My blood tests revealed both my red and white blood cells were well within normal range. If it were a severe stage of cancer would the tests have picked it up? I'm going back to the doc in two weeks.

Best Answer

Yes if you were in a severe stage of leukemia that would show up on a blood test. There would be an abnormally high number of white blood cells on a blood test. You would know for sure from a blood test if you had late stage leukemia.