=D asked in Arts & HumanitiesTheater & Acting · 8 years ago

Are all radio ads for acting scams?

My friend told me she herd something on the radio about this thing tomorrow (in pittsburgh) about interveiws and you could do commercials or something? (she doesn't know all the info) I know there is a Disney one on the radio that is a scam but this one isnt for Disney..I have a feeling its a scam though..what do you think? Should i go anyway.

She said the number is 888 999 1531 and the website is talents.com

Favorite Answer

Most likely they're not really casting actors for "commercials or something." Most likely they're selling something. They'll sweet talk you about how much potential you have and what a star you could be, then they'll try to hard sell you some expensive classes that won't do anything to help your acting career.

The people who produce real TV shows, commercials, etc. don't find talent by advertising on the radio. They hold auditions for experienced professional actors who have had years of training and are represented by good agents.

Just go