What do you think of a female actor being called an "Actress" vs being called an "Actor"?

I always preferred the term "actor" regardless of gender, because most other professions don't have a different term based on the sex of the person. You don't have a doctor & doctoress or dancer & danceress. However, I just read someone's blog that gave me some food for thought.... show more I always preferred the term "actor" regardless of gender, because most other professions don't have a different term based on the sex of the person. You don't have a doctor & doctoress or dancer & danceress.

However, I just read someone's blog that gave me some food for thought. http://www.bloglovin.com/m/2815118/43988...

If you don't want to click on the link and read the whole blog, here are some excerpts:

"Being an actress is kind of like hitting up the ladies’ room during intermission. You watch all those men just waltz on into their own appointed space, all leisurely-like, while you get the awkward and frustrating communal experience of BEING IN A LINE and feeling time slip away....

I recently read that 30-35% of theatre roles each season are female. That would be super-awesome if only 30-35% of the people pursuing acting were female. As it stands, we out-number the fellas."

"To be an actress is to be told things like, “It would hurt more for us to lose HIM than to lose YOU.” (I have been told this. "Because HE would be harder to replace.")"

"I feel most conscious of my FEMALEness when trolling casting notices and going to auditions."

What do you think? What she wrote struck home to me. I think I'm starting to feel like I may want to embrace the term "actress" again.