Gay Marriage - Funny how people really know God?

I find it funny that people translate God's love into acceptance of sin. NO! He does not tolerate, bend, accept ANY form of sin! Get it?? He is Holy, we are sinful. We deserve ONLY Hell based on the sins we all commit and this from our birth. God's love was sending His son Jesus Christ to die for our sins and be raised 3 days later who now intercedes for us, by this love we now obtain forgiveness of our sins. Again I find it funny how people translate God's love into the acceptance of an abomination in order to justify their lifestyle - gay marriage. REPENT AND BELIEVE THE GOSPEL! We do NOT deserve anything from God but Hell, that's if truly you understand His Holiness!

Are there any other Christians out there who can concur?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • MK6
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Amen, but this 'gay' thing just happens to be the first card drawn from a bunch of other sins.

There's another 51 cards in the deck.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

The real issue is not whether gay marriage is sinful, the issue is actually whether gay marriage is a violation of your liberty. If your neighbor passes out drunk on his couch from having too many, he has sinned by getting drunk. At the same time, he has not violated your liberty. Therefore, his sinful act is not illegal. That's the way America works. We are not a theocracy. There are theocracies in the world such as Saudi Arabia, where alcohol is illegal due to religious law. That's not what we want here and it is certainly not what the Founding Fathers wanted. So if your drunk neighbor decides to marry another person of the same sex and have gay sex, is that a violation of your liberty? I think not. His lifestyle is not preventing you from living your life the way you want to. Your freedom is not denied. You can speculate and have an opinion about how gay marriage would destroy society, but your opinions about that are baseless and we are not to make laws based on baseless opinions.

In the end, the Supreme Court will likely rule in favor of the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and legalize gay marriage nationwide. And while zealous theocrats like yourself will rant and scream about how we are all doomed, life will go on. Straight people like myself will continue to live normal lives under the umbrella of liberty as granted to us by the Constitution.

• 8 years ago

Christians should repent and believe the gospel.

We may be quick to tell people where our hope lies and that is in Christ alone.

All sexual sin outside of marriage is a sin against our own bodies.

This would include homosexuality without marriage. The biblical example is that marriage is between a man and a woman. When heterosexual couples sin they are still allowed to remarry.It is hypocritical to hold other people to standards that we do not legally uphold.

We cannot demand that all people live by the Bible anymore than Muslims are allowed to demand that all people live by the Quran. No one would want to live in a country where Mormons demanded that we all must live by the Book of Mormon.

• 8 years ago

Given that all the holy books were written by men, many of whom were not present at the alleged events reported and that the words they wrote were never written as a bible and that the bible is a selective compilation of texts that support a particular position favoured by those with power in the church and that, even the original selective texts have been edited and censored ..... then what are your reliable sources for what god does or does not want? Could you be mistaken? How would you know?

There are appalling, grossly offensive, anti-social things out there, starting with bigotry, ignorance, intolerance and arrogance. Which of those does your god encourage?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

do no longer blame the fires on the Lord!! while you're so suitable, what are you doing in this earth? You devoid of sin, solid the 1st stone!! i'm no longer gay, yet i've got faith, stay and permit stay. this is not as much as us to decide individuals and their way of existence. confident, study your bible, Incest, adultery, and sodomy are all interior the bible. All that stuff grow to be written with the aid of guy, no longer God! Who truly is familiar with how a lot of this is real? I even have study the bible countless situations over, and have come to the top it is going to be X-rated! i think of we are all going to be shocked whilst our turn includes leave from this international! and that i'm no longer consistent with sitting on marble steps on the Pearly gates! extremely, eternal sleep! We got here from dirt, and we return to dirt.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

friend, those who don't know Him will always try to justify their sin. even some Christians try until convicted enough by the Holy Spirit that they finally are able to stop. while we should always stand up for what is right and stand against what is wrong, we need to do it with gentleness. God forgives us and we need to forgive others. we need to love and pray for the lost (and each other). God bless you.

• 8 years ago

Nah, can't concur. Seems to me that God fully supports marriage between any two people who love each other and want to spend the rest of their lives together. I'm pretty sure Jesus came so that people could have life, and have it abundantly. I believe the appropriate Christian response is to overturn the centuries of oppression that gay people have endured. The sin I see is the sin of excluding our homosexual brothers and sisters from full humanity. Repentance for that sin should include endorsing gay marriage.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

you don't understand what love is

their for you don't understand god

your petty hatred for the others and their differences will be your downfall

this is a greater sin then any

you are lucky god is loving, forgiving, and merciful

because the hatred you clearly show to homosexuals is clearly of the devils, its not gods will

god bless

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Romans 1

21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

OUCH!........... :/

• 8 years ago

So the topic yesterday was Jehovah Witnesses, and today's forecast seems to be a little fruity.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Amen. Well said. I agree.

I am a female, straight, single, Catholic. I think homosexuality desires is unnatural. If you take God out of the picture and talk about humans evolving from a species of primate, you will see that gay sex is unnatural. Mammals find a mate when they start going in heat for the first time. They mate to have offspring and to keep their genes/DNA continuing. Some mammals stay together and raise their young together and some mate, and leave each other and the mother raises the babies. Each time she goes into heat, she has to find another mate. They don't have sex just to satisfy sexual urges. Sex through evolution is done only for mating and having babies. Now if you put God in the creation story, God created 2 genders for mammals and humans for a reason. Mammals still only have sex to have offspring. They don't ever have oral sex to satisfy each other. They don't have sex out of the mating seasons. Only to reproduce. Then God created Adam and Eve. They, us humans, have sex to have children, to keep our family name going on, and to satisfy our own urges and each other's urges. God united human couples in His name. God created marriage. If you look at the history of marriage, you will see that all marriages prior to the 1700s were done in the name of God/gods under the name of people's religions. In the 1700s, I believe in Rome, was the first governmental marriage union. For atheists to marry each other. So now we can marry each other by judges in a courthouse. God doesn't recognize those marriages. Their children are bastards according to God's word. (I can talk about this because I have a bastard child, was married by a judge). God is clear about homosexual desires. Gays are to remain chaste. And celibate people are blessed by God. In the Bible. Any person with a perverted sexual drive are to remain chaste. Letting gay couples be married is making a mockery of the meaning to marriage. Especially in the name of God.

I understand some gay couples wanting marital rights, to be able to file taxes jointly, cover each other with their health insurance, put each other in their wills, adopt children together ( they have that right already), buy a house together, etc. Many gay couples last for several years and they are mature about it and love each other. I get that. Who doesn't want to be loved? A civil union covers those points. But a religious marriage in a church is making a mockery of the sanctity of marriage, telling God His plans for humans was wrong, and it affects others outside of that couple's union. If we allow gay people to marry each other, then we should let polygamy be legal, let bisexual people be married also, make adultery legal and okay, let 40 yr old men marry 15 yrs girlfriends, etc. Everyone has sexual urges/desires, attractions. But allowing us all to have the same marital rights isn't right. God created martial unions. Atheists created governmental/legal marital unions in the 1700s. Now gays want martial rights/legal unions. What will people want next to be legal in 50-100 years? I'd hate to see what's next. " I want to marry my German Shepard because I love him and he is my best friend." Hell, we are allowed to leave all our possessions and monies to our cat in our will. People are weird.

So -- Without God, homosexual urges are unnatural. With God, homosexual urges is a sin. Under both, I disagree with gay marriage.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.