Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Further reading on Hindu philosophy?

I have read most of the Vedas (Rg Veda, the Gita, Upanisads, Brahma-Sutra) and some introductions.

I have a strong connection with Advaita Vedanta, but also Hare Krishna (even though they are opposing)

Are there any books I can read to learn more? I dont know what type, but maybe in-depth introductions, commentaries on the Vedas, accounts of life inside the groups, or even just basic devotional books.

Hope anyone can help me

Namaste

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I guess you could read the Jataka tales and look up sariputra. But these are buddhist claims about Hare Krishna, so you might not be interested.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

I believe in Krishna i own a Bhagavad gita, which is part of the Mahabharata. Go to a library or something and ask them what books they have on the subject.

• ssrvj
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Vedham can neither be read nor written.

one can do only Adhyayanam of Vedha.Even one Zhaaka of one Vedham takes about 7.5.years.of learnibg with a Guru.

One may please Listen the following and then say whether one has "REALLY READ" Vedham.

Google:- "Ghanam Recital by Pandit Chandrasekhara Dravid and Pandit Ramana"--2009 video and NOT 2010 video where the quality of "Audio" s NOT good.--5.35 minutes--please listen fully.

what they are reciting is "Just" only ONE "Rica"--(Verse) from Krishna Yajur Vedham--there are 10,600 Rcas in Rig Vedham alone

• 4 years ago

no be counted if it extremely is Hindu philosophy or the different philosophy - peace is the moksha of human life. Hinduism no be counted if it extremely is as you're saying is predicated on the realisation of peace because of the fact the purpose of human life- there may well be no 2 critiques approximately it. however the faith advocates lots of circumstances and norms that are in step with ideals and that are- left to the persons to have faith such circumstances and norms or no longer. yet achieving peace of strategies is the superb bliss for a human. it is the state of tranquility of strategies once you're neither chuffed nor unhappy - neither chuffed nor unhappy- neither anxious nor unfastened from concerns- and in short- the state whilst the two the helpful and adverse components of human life proceed to be equivalent and placed across approximately an journey - referred to as PEACE-unfastened from environmental impression . that continues to be only as an mind's eye for ninety 9.999999% of people yet there are human beings on the earth in such state – they're the infants got here upon asleep- or people who're in coma – aside from those exceptions- there may well be some here and there extremely contended with what they have- no longer irritating approximately something that happens around them. All others like us – could settle for the fact- peace is previous our attain with our modern life type and ninety 9.99999% feels that it is not worth dropping the present life to get peace of strategies-because of the fact they have learnt to stay devoid of the reassurance.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.