16 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

It doesn't bother me. The fact that he beat his own record of goals in La Liga and also beat Barcelona to La Liga makes him pretty eligible to be one of the best players in the world. And knowing Euros are around the corner, saying he is the best at the moment means he is trying to psych himself out to do well at the Euros, and if his team can beat Germany and Netherlands (or just make it out of the groups and do well from there), it will because of him. I don't mind him trying to boost his confidence level, and it's only one moment so he still knows that if he wants to win Ballon d'Or he has to stay cool and keep performing. He also does better when he says stuff like this.

• If Messi had said something like this, then it would not be that big of a deal. But God forbid Ronaldo does it! It must mean that he's an arrogant asshole. Which I'm sure be could be if he wanted to but not for that reason.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I don't agree but at the same time if I were Ronaldo I definitely wouldn't admit to being second best.

• 8 years ago

What a surprise !

This guy is so full of himself, I wonder what he would say if he TRULY was the current best player.

The " I'm the 1st, 2nd and 3rd best player in the world " comment he made after winning WPOTY award in 2008 takes the cake for the most arrogant comment ever though, that was beyond belief.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

He is a better player than Messi.

• 8 years ago

Ronaldo did help defeat Barca, and he's a phenomenal player...

but breaking the all-time scoring record in Europe? that has to count for something

• Ian
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

You'd never hear this crap out of Messi would you?

@Mexico World Cup Champs 2014,

Why would it have to be in English?

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

yes he is better than messi without a doubt because scoring only does not make a complete player. i think he should be rated above messi. ronaldo's skills are much more beautiful than that of messi.

• 8 years ago

I think he probably shouldn't have said that. Even if he did think he was better he shouldn't really be saying that. It makes people think you're full of yourself.

• Jon
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

@nasty nas: of course you wouldn't. Messi's too uneducated to ever be able to do an interview in English.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.