Are brands like Baby Phat, Rocawear, Apple Bottoms, ect... ghetto?

So I happen to love the "urban" brands like Baby Phat, Rocawear, Apple Bottoms, South Pole, Deréon, Coogi, Ecko, ect... I'm a 22 year old white girl. I mean I also like some stuff and own things from Aeropostale, Forever 21, Wet Seal, Nike, Hollister, Adidas, Delias, and stores like that but I like these brands better. I wear what I like, but many people have called my fashion sense "ghetto" before. Why does it matter? And ghetto would be like making clothes out of garbage bags or going to wal mart or something.

Favorite Answer

I wouldn't call those brands "ghetto".

They are brands for teens/young women. It's what's in style for those age groups.

22 is young enough that you should just wear whatever you want.

Your dress code at a job may be different of course.

Clothes start to look "ghetto" when they reveal private body parts that should be covered or the clothes are so incredibly tight that they reveal what should not be seen. Also, any bra or underwear showing is not stylish either.

• ihle

What Happened To Baby Phat

the garments is okay yet i doesn't placed on it because it really isn't any longer the garments it truly is tacky it really is aspects of it, llike i hate it at the same time as , they placed the expertise Apple Bottoms in gold embroidery on the butt portion of the jeans to me it quite is takcy, if it did no longer have that i doesn't placed on it, notwithstanding it really is an identical like abercrombie and hollister, because the call or kind is plastered over the shirts and hoodies and jackets, i see countless folk donning hoodies that say infant phat and apple bottom and that i also see tons of human beings donning shirts that say hollister and abercrombie

Honestly, they are a bit ghetto. But there's nothing wrong with that... just mix it with the other brands.

Uh uh I know you did not just call me ghetto. I am ghetto fabulous. I wouldnt call those brands ghetto, they are more like black people brands.

Source(s): Im black

All the brands u named are fine except baby phat IS ghetto! Overpriced cheap sweat shop hoochie momma clothes. No thanks.

Its ghetto.. Im sorry to break it to you

Was curious on the answer too