Any Lebanese married outside of race?

I came to the US as a baby. I speak arabic, I'm proud of who I am. I married an American, we have kids. He's a good husband but more than once I've been made to feel like the odd ball out by his family. I now refuse to attend any family functions which obviously affects the marriage. I miss being... show more I came to the US as a baby. I speak arabic, I'm proud of who I am. I married an American, we have kids. He's a good husband but more than once I've been made to feel like the odd ball out by his family. I now refuse to attend any family functions which obviously affects the marriage. I miss being able to speak arabic to my spouse, like my parents did. I miss the deep understanding of culture with my spouse. As most Lebanese I grew up in a strict house. Maybe my way of thinking is because of that but I feel like I've missed so much because I didn't marry my own kind. Is there anyone else out there who feels like me? I love my husband but he's not Lebanese. Will my culture and language die because my kids are half American? Is it normal to miss those things when you marry outside of your race? I hate that I feel like this but I do.
9 answers 9