Kristen asked in SportsCycling · 8 years ago

How much should I price my 1997 Lemond Road Bike w Shimano parts to sell?

Hello. I am selling my 1997 Lemond Road Bike (55cm/ 22 inch : c to c)

Steel frame road bike - and do not know how to price it.

The bike was tuned up last season, and is in good condition. I got this bike a few years ago in Madison, WI from a bike store that built the bike with Shimano parts. The bike has Shimano Sora Flight Deck triple 3x8 shifters.

There are some scratches on the frame on the sides from locking it to poles, etc. - so the frame is not in pristine condition. Tires, brakes, shifters and other parts are in good condition.

Below is the specs on the bike - with the current parts.

What is my bike worth - with these parts, but with some scratches?

THANKS!

Information and specs:

Size: 55 cm / 22 inch (c to c)

(Also: c-t , is a 58.1 cm or 22.88 inch)

Color: Cannibal orange

Frame: True Temper Double-butted CRO-MOLY frame (Steel)

Fork: Unicrown stle, cro-moly taper guage blades

Spokes: DT 15g, stainless stell

Rms, Mavic CSP 10, 32 hole

Stems: TIG welded cro-moly 90 degrees 240 grames

Pedals: Shimano SPD M535

Shimano Sora Flight Deck triple 3x8 shifters/levers

E-2091 anamotic shape tech handlebars

Bontrager Race Lite Folding B 700 x 28 dual compound all weather tires

Shimano SIS SP shifter cable housing

Shimano Exage LX 400 front derailer

Shimano SG sprocket

Shimano BR-A250, Exage Motion brakes

Saddle:

Brooks Champion Special B17 Saddle that I added ( leather saddle with large hammered copper rivets for a retro look)

I also havethe original Lemond white saddle that the bike came with

OTHER INFO:

Links to 1997 Original Catalog with bike listed:

(look for the orange Lemond Alpez d’Huez Road Bike in the catalog)

http://archive.org/details/LemondBicycles1997Catal...

SIZE:

(C-C, measuring the Tob Tube) is 55.88 cm or 22 inch

(C-T, measuring the Seat tube) is a 58.1 cm or 22.88 inch

Best Answer

Well, there was no such thing as 8 speed OR Sora in 1997, so it seems to have been pieced together.

If you know what you originally paid for the bike (assuming you bought the bike with the Sora parts on it), go to http://thecheapbikeshop.com and go to their Used Bicycle Value Calculator. Fill in the info and TAB all the way to the bottom of the page and you'll have your answer.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

The bike was tuned up last season, and is in good condition. I got this bike a few years ago in Madison, WI from a bike store that built the bike with Shimano...

Source(s): price 1997 lemond road bike shimano parts sell: https://biturl.im/ZLfkH

Lemond Road Bike

I've seen Fuji Roubaix for $700, last year's model (Maybe it had FSA cranks). Trek as mentioned, but hard to find one with the entire 105 group. The Treks I've seen lately are a mix of Shimano components. I bought a Bianchi Giro for under that figure and it is Easton Aluminum with Carbon seat stays and fork. Full 105 group. Bought it in June of this year -- an unsold 2006. For what you want to spend, I got the bike, bottle cages with bottles, under seat bag, CO2, 2 spare tubes, Topeak front and rear light set. Shop! The internet isn't always your best resource. You will need to get out and use some shoe leather at the bike shops to scrounge up the really good deals. Look for a last years bike that is unsold in your frame size. They will deal on it. Don't tell them what you want to spend. You can be looking at a $1500 bike and get them down to $1000. When they make you the price offer -- just look at your money and say "that's not good enough". Then shut up, the next one that speaks looses. You want to win. Be prepared to leave that shop and go to another. Deals are out there.

Brand new bikes with Shimano Sora components go for about $600-700.

That bike will need new rubbers as they age even if not used. New rubbers $120.

New pads, same reason. $25

New cables and housings, rust and grime build up inside. $25

Bearings serviced and/or repaired, $50-100.

New chain $25.

New rim tape $25.

New handlebar tape $25

Tune up $100

That brings the real value of our bike to very little unless you find the person out there that really wants that bike. I will save the headache and sell it at the bike shop on consignment. Let them do the cleaning up.

Lemond Reno

$250 would sell it in a week

300 a month

500 never

wle