I have an accounting questions please help!?

1.Winrow Co. purchased 50, 6% Johnston Company bonds for $50,000 cash plus brokerage fees of $500. Interest is payable semiannually on July 1 and January 1. The entry to record the December 31 interest accrual would include a

A)credit to Interest Revenue for $1,515.

B)debit to Debt Investments for $1,500.

C)debit to Interest Receivable for $1,500.

D)debit to Interest Revenue for $1,500.

2.Jacobs Corporation makes a short-term investment in 150 shares of Starr Company's common stock. The stock is purchased for $50 a share plus brokerage fees of $450. The entry for the purchase is

A)Debt Investments 7,500

Cash 7,500

B)Stock Investments 7,950

Cash 7,950

C)Stock Investments 7,500

Brokerage fee expense 450

Cash 7,950

D)Stock Investments 7,500

Cash 7,500

3. If the cost method is used to account for a long-term investment in common stock, dividends received should be

A)recorded only when 20% or more of the stock is owned.

B)credited to the Stock Investments account.

C)credited to the Dividend Revenue account.

D)debited to the Stock Investments account.

4.At the end of the first year of operations, the total cost of the trading securities portfolio is $244,000. Total fair value is $250,000. The financial statements should show

A)an addition to an asset of $6,000 and a realized gain of $6,000.

B)an addition to an asset of $6,000 in the current assets section and a realized gain of $6,000 in “Other revenues and gains.”

C)an addition to an asset of $6,000 and an unrealized gain of $6,000 in the stockholders' equity section.

D)an addition to an asset of $6,000 in the current assets section and an unrealized gain of $6,000 in “Other revenues and gains.”

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1.Winrow Co. purchased 50, 6% Johnston Company bonds for $50,000 cash plus brokerage fees of $500. Interest is payable semiannually on July 1 and January 1. The entry to record the December 31 interest accrual would include a

C) debit to Interest Receivable for $1,500.

2.Jacobs Corporation makes a short-term investment in 150 shares of Starr Company's common stock. The stock is purchased for $50 a share plus brokerage fees of $450. The entry for the purchase is

B)Stock Investments 7,950

Cash 7,950

3. If the cost method is used to account for a long-term investment in common stock, dividends received should be

C) credited to the Dividend Revenue account.

4.At the end of the first year of operations, the total cost of the trading securities portfolio is $244,000. Total fair value is $250,000. The financial statements should show

D)an addition to an asset of $6,000 in the current assets section and an unrealized gain of $6,000 in “Other revenues and gains.”

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have an accounting questions please help!?

A)credit to Interest Revenue for $1,515.

B)debit to Debt...

Source(s): accounting questions help: https://tr.im/ujYr3
  • 4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aD6oO

Assets = Liabilities + Stockholders' Equity Stockholders' Equity = Contributed Capital + Retained Earnings Therefore, by substitution: Assets = Liabilities + Contributed Capital + Retained Earnings If we subtract Liabilities and Retained Earnings from each side, we get: Assets - Liabilities - Retained Earnings = Contributed Capital, or, by symmetry Contributed Capital = Assets - Liabilities - Retained Earnings, or A Once you set the equations up, it's just basic algebra. I'm guessing that the fact that it's accounting and it's new to you is scaring you a bit.

• 4 years ago

In binary options you will have the possibility to predict the movement of various assets such as stocks, currency pairs, commodities and indices. Learn how you can make money trading binary options https://tinyurl.im/aH5Ge An option has only two outcomes (hence the name "binary" options). This is because the value of an asset can only go up or down during a given time frame. Your task will be to predict if the value of an asset with either go up or down during a certain amount of time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

the best trading software http://tradingsolution.info

i have attended a lot of seminars, read counless books on forex trading and it all cost me thousands of dollars. the worst thing was i blew up my first account. after that i opened another account and the same thing happened again. i started to wonder why i couldn,t make any money in forex trading. at first i thought i knew everything about trading. finally i found that the main problem i have was i did not have the right mental in trading. as we know that psychology has great impact on our trading result. apart from psychology issue, there is another problem that we have to address. they are money management, market analysis, and entry/exit rules. to me money management is important in trading. i opened another account and start to trade profitably after i learnt from my past mistake. i don't trade emotionally anymore.

if you are serious about trading you need to address your weakness and try to fix it. no forex guru can make you Professional trader unless you want to learn from your mistake.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.