promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Do you live by the YOLO motto?

Yolo was never around when I was a kid but I grew up with the motto that life was too short and you should live life to the fullest, "yolo" has just recently made its debut into the lives of younger people but do you live by the yolo motto.

I have been even before "yolo" started. You really only do live once and you should make the most out of your life.

Do you think the same?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Megan
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I've always thought that you only have one life before all this YOLO nonsense but now I'm older I realize that I need to do stuff when I'm young or I'll never be able to so I think I am more now than I did a few years ago

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Ghost
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

I've always lived by yolo ever since Suicide Silence came out with their song "You Only Live Once" (which wasn't that long ago actually...)

I mean, I guess I don't really live by it as much as I just think about it. Like when I'm doing something moderately risky or crazy I just remember that I only have this one life to live so I might as well make some mistakes and gain the experiences.

For me, yolo isn't as excuse to do stupid stuff like skip school or spend my life doing drugs or something unproductive, it's about making the most out of the time I have here and doing something that I can look back on and have great memories/stories about- good and bad.

We're all gonna die eventually, what do we have to lose?

• 8 years ago

i've heard that quote a lot when i was a kid, but it never occurred to me that life is short and you only have one chance to live. i mean, as a teen i now realize the full impact of the quote and i am trying my best to expand my horizons and discover what else is out there other than live a planned out life. however, i don't like the connotation that yolo gives out now, because everyone believes you have to go out, get drunk, do drugs, and have sex. it's not what yolo means, but society/media has conformed us to thinking like that, so i no longer want to live my life that way, but i still believe you really do live once and if have to take risks, because it expands you as a person.

• 8 years ago

Oh hellz yeah imma go smoke a blunt and drink a 40 and **** bitches get money all day every day who cares if in only 11? Yolo

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Stupidest thing ever.

The only reason kids say that is cause it's "in"

That's ALWAYS been a motto.

But I guess if some dumb rapper takes credit, then whatever.

• I live the way I want to live. That whole YOLO thing is stupid.

• 8 years ago

No, YOLO is dumb, even if it is a nice motto. The song & it's overused-ness made it really obnoxious ..

• 8 years ago

I think it's stupid... Why should I want to live differently just because of a word?

Everyone should just want to live there life to the fullest anyways.

• It depends. If it's like "Hm, should I try out for the dance team? YOLO.", then yes. But if it's something like, "I think I'm going to jump off a cliff! YOLO!", then no. Just no.

• 8 years ago

lol, actually yes xD.. me & my bestfriend make jokes about it, like "i'm gonna go on a diet.. just kidding, eat all the food, YOLO!" haha, but forreal in real situations i think "whatever, yolo!" xD

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.